This article is interpreted on the basis information of the parcellation, functions of parceled constructions, it’s importance in speech, features and stylistic units. It expresses such features that Parcellation is a syntactical stylistic device marked by graphic separation due to which a syntactical construction becomes formally independent. The independent form of parceled construction is conditioned by the function of creating certain emotional stylistic effect on the recipient. Additionally, such sentences enrich and make the meaning more understandable for readers. On that way, writer can use different forms of parcellation, such as: oxymoron, epiphora, anaphor, gradation, inversion, comparison, rhetorical question. All these types have different structures and meaning, but all of them are used to bring the intonational features of oral speech to the literary text.
- Anna Stasenko , Jesow University (Poland). Acta Universitatis Lodziensis Folia Linguistica Rossica 11, 2015
- Alexander Pushkin. Eugene Onegin. Russia-1833
- Alexander Pushkin. The Tale of the Fisherman and the Fish. Russia-1835
- Agatha Christie. The Witness for the Prosecution – 2016
- Dashiel Hammett. The Thin Man - 2011
- F. Dostoevskiy – quotas
- Johanna Brandt. "The Petticoat Commando" - America
- Khosrovadukht Mamyan. (2015). Functional peculiarities of parcelled constructions in post-modernistic english fiction. Yerevan State
- Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parcellation. Accessed 11 Dec. 2020.
- N.A. Nekrasov. The Instrumental Case-Russian Grammar
- Oscar Wilde. The Importance of Being Earnest. London- 1895
- Robert Jay Arthur - Alfred Hitchcock's A Hangman's Dozen. Dell Pub Co - 1962
"PARCELLATION, IT’S IMPORTANCE IN SPEECH, FEATURES AND STYLISTIC UNITS,"
Mental Enlightenment Scientific-Methodological Journal: Vol. 2020
, Article 18.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tziuj/vol2020/iss2/18