The culture of contemporaneity presents itself through various concepts and discourses that constitute the category of everyday life, which they reveal and portray. In linguistic terms, the category of everyday life is manifested in different forms of communication, and first of all in the system of norms and models of speech behavior, known as speech etiquette. The goal of the article is to analyze the use of politeness forms in some languages. Politeness strategy is analyzed in speech acts of apologies and condolences, through their pragmatic structure.
- Brown, P. & Levinson, S. Universals of language usage: Politeness phenomena. Pp. 56-324 in Questions and Politeness, edited by E. Goody. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 1978.
- Goffman, E. Interaction ritual: Essays on face to face behavior. Chicago: Aldine Publishing Company. 1967.
- Ehlich, K. On the historicity of Politeness. Pp. 71-107 in Politeness in Language: studies in its History and Practice, vol. Trends in Linguistics, Studies and Monographs, edited by R. J. Watts, S. Ide, & K. Ehlich. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter. 1992.
- Lakoff, R. The limits of politeness: Therapeutic and courtroom discourse. Multilingua 8:101-129. 1989.
- Kasper, G. Interlanguage pragmatics. Pp. 183-208 in learning second and foreign languages, edited by H. Byrnes. New York: The Modern Language Association of America. 1998
- Brown, Penelope and Steven C. Levinson. Politeness: Some Universal in Language Usage. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992.
- Watts, Richard J. Sachiko Ide and Konrad Enlich (ed). Politeness in Language: Studies in Its History, Theory and Practice. New York: Mouton de Gruyter, 2005.
- Thomas, Jenny. Meaning in Interaction. Edinburgh: Longman, 1995
- Lakoff, R. 1973. The logic of Politeness; or minding your p's and q's. Papers from the 9th Regional Meeting, Chicago Linguistics Society. Chicago: Chicago Linguistics Society.
- Dunn, C. D. (2011). "Formal forms or verbal strategies? politeness theory and Japanese business etiquette training". Journal of Pragmatics. 43 (15): 3643–3654. doi:10.1016/j.pragma.2011.06.003.
"POLITENESS THEORY IN LANGUAGE,"
Mental Enlightenment Scientific-Methodological Journal: Vol. 2020
, Article 17.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tziuj/vol2020/iss2/17