The article is devoted to the problems of comparative literary criticism, in particular the question of Shakespeare's sonnets in the works of S.Ya.Marshak. Marshak always remained faithful to the classical traditions of Pushkin's times and protected these traditions with irresistible tenacity. The logic of the figurative structure, the deliberate adherence to verse forms, consecrated by centuries of practice, laconicism, the concentration of distinct thought and the experience settled in the word are the features of Marshakov's art. One way or another, Marshak is organically united in all his work and must be viewed through the prism of its amazingly multifaceted, but of solid talent. Without limiting himself to the traditional approach to this issue, which was based on the analysis of only the translation activity of the writer, the author speaks about the need for a system-holistic study of both original and translation creativity of S.Ya. Marshak.
- 1. Anikst A. Shakespeare's work. M., Goslitizdat, 1963, p. 320.
- 2. Burieva N. William Shakespeare’s sonnets in translation of Russian and Uzbek poets, S. Marshak and Khurshid Davron. Journal of Critical Reviews (№5. Journal indexed by Scopus). ISSN- 2394-5125 Vol 7, Issue 9, 2020. №103, Section 4, Roosevelt Rd. Daan District, Taipei City, Taiwan. P. 290-294.
- 3. Burieva N. Shakespeare’s sonnets in translation of Russian poet S. Ya. Marshak. EPRA International Journal of Research and Development (IJRD) Volume: 5 | Issue: 2 | February 2020 - Peer Reviewed Journal. SJIF Impact Factor: 6.260| ISI I.F.Value:1.241| Journal DOI: 10.36713/epra2016 ISSN: 2455-7838, Tamil Nadu, India. P. 34-36.
- 4. Burieva, N. (2020). Pragmatic features of the translation of literary text. Журнал иностранных языков и лингвистики, 1(2), 76-80. извлечено от https://journal.jspi.uz/index.php/fll/article/view/79
- 5. Zorin A. Shakespeare's sonnets in Russian translations // Shakespeare W. Sonnets. M., 1984. (In English with parallel Russian text).
5. Ilyushin A.A. "Hell": songs I-XI. (Syllabic translation and observations on the text) // Dante readings: 1982. M .: Science, 1982. P. 234-286.
6. Karabchievsky Yu.A. About Marshak. // Karabchievsky Yu.A. Resurrection of Mayakovsky. Essay. M .: Russian dictionaries, 2000. P. 243-250.
7. Kvyatkovsky A. Poetic Dictionary. M .: Sov. encyclopedia, 1966.
8. Marshak S.Ya. Selected Lyrics. M., 1962.
9. Marshak S.Ya. In 8 volumes. T. 5. M .: Hood. lit., 1970.
10. Marshak S.Ya. Poems. L., 1973 P. 283-290.
11. Morozov M.M. Selected articles and translations. M., 1954. P. 298-340.
12. Pasternak B.L. Notes on translation // Foreign poetry in translations of B. Pasternak. M.: Raduga, 2001. P. 235.
13. Tvardovsky A.T. About Marshak's poetry. // Marshak S.Ya. In 8 volumes. M .: Art. lit. 1970.T. 5. - P. 595-630.
"Marshak and Shakespeare: the question of new content in translation,"
Mental Enlightenment Scientific-Methodological Journal: Vol. 2020
, Article 49.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tziuj/vol2020/iss1/49