In this article we have analyzed the degree of translability of binomial pairs and compared the lingua stylistic peculiarities of the original and their correspondence with their translations into the English language. We have also overviewed different types of binomial pairs falling into five categories i.e. rhyming binomials, with alliteration and binomial pairs joining by different linking words. Considering two language’s possibilities of adequacy in lexical, phonological and semantic fields we have broadly applied comparative typological methods in translation. Furthermore, basing on some scholar’s theories, we have made an attempt to find appropriate equivalencies in two languages between irreversible binomials, and reversible ones. The object of the research which is being translated from Uzbek into English is “Alexander’s Wall” (“Saddi Iskandariy”) by A. Navoi, and the translation is conducted the prosaic adaptation of the epic - poem by I. Makhsumov and M.Hamidova.
1. Алишер Навоий, Садди Искандарий, Насрий баёни билан.(Махсумов И., Хамидова М., Қаюмов А.). - Тошкент: Ғ.Ғулом, 1991. – 829 p.
2. Bhatia, N. (Ed.). The Oxford Companion to the English Language. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1992.-278p Gustafsson, M. The syntactic features of binomial Expressions in Legal English. Oxford. 1981.-257p.
3. Bolinger D. (1962). Binomials and Pitch Accent. New York: Lingua 11,33–44.
4. Collins English Dictionary. (2014). Harper Collins Publishers, 680 (eng).
5. Gustafsson, M Binomial expressions in Present –Day English:Asyntactic and semantic study. Annales Universitatis Turkuensis B. Turku, 1975. –p.136
6. Gustafsson, M. The syntactic features of binomial Expressions in Legal English. Oxford. 1981.-257p.
7. Gustafsson M. (1984). The Syntactic Features of Binomial Expressions in Legal English. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 123–141 (eng).
8. Golenbock J. (2000). Binomial Expressions. Does Frequency Matter? Patterns of English Usage. London: Penguin Books, 320 (eng).
9. Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English. (2008). London: Mills@Boon, 1024 (eng).
10. Yakov Malkiel, Studies in Irreversible Binomials, Essays on Linguistic Themes. Univ. of California Press, 1968.-456 p
"Some lexical features of translating binomial pairs from uzbek into english (on the material of “Alexander’s wall” by Alisher Navoi),"
Mental Enlightenment Scientific-Methodological Journal: Vol. 2020
, Article 42.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tziuj/vol2020/iss1/42