Guidelines for authors
“Guidelines for authors” are developed in accordance with the uniform requirements of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and the Publication Ethics Committee (СОРЕ).
Manuscripts that are not written according to the rules are not considered!
When submitting a manuscript to the journal, it is necessary to additionally upload files containing scanned images of completed and certified supporting documents (in * .pdf format). The supporting documents include a cover letter from the author’s place of work with the seal and signature of the head of the organization, as well as the signatures of all co-authors (for each organization indicated in the manuscript, you must provide a separate cover letter). The cover letter must contain information that this material has not been published in other publications and has not been accepted for publication by another publishing company / publishing organization, there is no conflict of interests. In the article is missing information that cannot be published.
Originals of accompanying documents should be sent to the address: 2 Farabi Street, Tashkent, 100109. Editorial office. "Herald of Surgery of the Tashkent Medical Academy".
1. The article should be downloaded electronically through an online form on the journal website: www.tma-journals.uz
The latest version, downloaded via the Personal Account on the journal website, is considered to be genuine and the only true one.
2. At the beginning of the first page in the following order should be indicated:
- the title of the article. The title of the article should be informative, concise, consistent with the scientific style of the text, contain the main keywords characterizing the topic (subject) of the research and the content of the work;
– initials and names of the authors. For English metadata, it is important to observe the spelling variant in the following sequence: full name, initial patronymic, last name (Timur A. Irgashev);
– affiliation (name of the institution (s) in which the work was done; city where the institution (s) is located. All the above data and in the same order must be submitted in English. If the work is submitted from several institutions, they should be numbered superscript. The authors of the article should be numbered superscript in accordance with the numbering of these institutions. In Uzbek and Russian languages indicate the full version of the affiliation, which includes the postal address of the organization, city name, zip code of the country; in English - a short (organization name, city and country). If in the name of the organization there is the name of the city, then in the address data it is also necessary to indicate the city.
– annotation. Must be informative, structured by sections ("Purpose", "Material and Methods", "Results", "Conclusion"), with a volume of 250 to 5000 characters. The abstract is not allowed to include references to sources from the list of references, as well as abbreviations that are disclosed only in the main text of the article. The English abstract should be original (there should be no tracing of the Russian-language annotation with a literal translation);
–keywords. As keywords can be used both single words and phrases in the singular and nominative case. The recommended number of key words is 5–7 in Uzbek, Russian and English, the number of words within a key phrase is no more than — 3;
–contact author: full name, organization name, its index, address, e-mail of the author. All authors must agree to be included in the list of authors and must approve sent for publication and edited version of the work. The responsible author is the contact person between the publisher and other authors. He should inform the co-authors and involve them in decision-making on publication issues (for example, in the case of a response to reviewers' comments). Any changes to the list of authors must be approved by all authors, including those who are excluded from the list, and agreed by the contact person. At the end of the article signed by all the authors with the full name, middle name.
3. Information about the authors should be presented on a separate sheet: surname, name, patronymic (in full), main place of work, position, academic degree and academic title, e-mail address, postal address of the institution (s), on the basis of which work done. For the author with whom to correspond, specify the phone number
4. Materials presented in the article should be original, unpublished and not sent to print to other periodicals. The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the research results presented in the manuscript.
5. The article should have sections: “Introduction”, “Material and Methods”, “Results”, “Discussion”, “Conclusions”, “Literature / References”.
6. The size of the original article should not exceed 18,000 characters, including tables, figures, bibliography (no more than 30 sources); observations from practice - no more than 3 pages, reviews - no more than 25,000 characters (including a bibliographic list of no more than 50 sources). The article and bibliography should use works from the past 5–6 years; references to textbooks, dissertations, and unpublished works are not allowed.
7. It is necessary to attach scans of copyright certificates, patents, certificates for rationalization proposals to the article. Scans of permits for their use in the clinical practice of the Ministry of Health or the Ethical Committee of the institution should be submitted for new treatments, medical preparations and equipment (diagnostic and therapeutic) scans of their use in clinical practice of the Ministry of Health or the Ethical Committee of the institution should be submitted.
8. The “Introduction” section should indicate the relevance of the study and its purpose.
9. The abbreviation of words and terms (except generally accepted) is not allowed. Abbreviations in the title of the article and keywords are not allowed, and the text should be decoded at the first mention.
10. The names of domestic authors in the text must be written with initials, and foreign - only in the original transcription (without translation into Russian) with initials.
11. Tables should be numbered, have names. For all indicators in the table, you must specify the units of measurement for SI, Tables should not duplicate the data available in the text of the article. References to tables in the text are required. The names of the tables must be translated into English.
12. Illustrative materials in electronic form - separate files in TIF format with a resolution of 300 dpi, with a width of at least 82.5 mm and no more than 170 mm. Charts, graphs and charts created in Word, Excel, Graph, Statistica, should allow further editing (you need to attach the source files). Drawings, drawings, diagrams, photographs, radiographs should be clear. Letters, numbers and symbols are indicated only when mounting the drawings in the article file (on the printout), in the source files in the drawings there should be no additional symbols (letters, arrows, etc.). Radiographs, echograms should be sent with an explanatory diagram. Signatures to the illustrations should be typed on a separate sheet, with double spacing, indicating the number of the drawing (photo) and all designations on them (in numbers, Russian letters). In the captions for microphotographs it is necessary to indicate an increase, the method of coloring the preparation.
13. The number of tables and figures in the aggregate should be no more than 8. If the drawings were borrowed from other sources, the source should be indicated. Figure captions must be translated into English.
14. The bibliographic list should be presented in the form of a single list called “REFERENCES”, printed in 2 intervals and decorated with the GOST 7.0.5-2008 as follows: - Sources are arranged in order of citing in the article with the indication of all authors. In the text, bibliographic references are given in numbers in square brackets: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5];
– for periodicals (journals, etc.) it is necessary to specify all authors, the full title of the article, after two slanting lines (//) — the name of the source in the standard abbreviation, the place of publication (for collections of works, theses), year, volume, number, pages (first and last) with the separation of this data point;
– for monographs, indicate all authors, full title, editor, place of publication, publisher, year, pages (total number or first and last), for foreign languages – from which language translation was made; \
– all bibliographic information must be carefully verified according to the original; the author of the article is responsible for the errors;
– References to Uzbek and Russian-speaking sources should consist of the original (Uzbek and Russian-speaking) parts and in brackets – transliteration into Latin characters (all Russian letters should be presented in Latin alphabet (see: http://www.translit.net, BSI coding), and not translate into English) all bibliographic data. The name of the journal in Latin is given completely, without abbreviations. If the journal is included in the MedLine database, its abbreviated name in the English version should be given in accordance with the catalog of names of this database (see: http://www.ncbi.nlm.gov/nlmcatalog/ journals /); otherwise, the journal name must be given in Latin without abbreviations.
Irgashev B.A., Akhrarov S.S., Jumayev A.B. Acute calculous cholecystitis complicated by obstructive jaundice // Вестн. Ташкентской медицинской академии. 2018. № 3. С. 22–26. [Irgashev BA, Akhrorov SS., Jumaev AB. Ostriy kalkulyozniy kholecistit, oslojnyonniy mekhanijeskoy jeltukhoy. Vestnik Tashkentskoy medicinskoy academii. 2018; 3: 20–23. (InRuss.)].
15. Article reviewers are entitled to privacy.
16. Articles on commemorative events should be sent to the editorial office not later than 6 months before their intended publication date. Photos for these articles should be uploaded as separate files in * .jpg format.
Compliance with ethics. In order to publish the results of the original work, it is necessary to indicate that all patients and volunteers who participated in the scientific and clinical research have given written informed consent, which should be kept by the author (s) of the article, and the study was performed in accordance with the requirements of the Helsinki Declaration of World Health associations (as amended by 2013).
In the case of studies involving animals, whether the study protocol complied with the ethical principles and norms of biomedical research involving animals. In both cases, it is necessary to indicate whether the study protocol was approved by the ethics committee (with the name of the organization concerned, its location, protocol number and the date of the committee meeting).
Filling out an electronic form to send an article to the journal
For successful indexing of articles in national and international databases when submitting a manuscript to the editor via electronic form, it is necessary to separately enter in detail all its metadata. Some metadata must be entered separately in Russian and English: the name of the institution where the authors of the article work, the detailed information about the place of work and the position held, the name of the article, abstract, keywords, the name of the sponsoring organization. Switching between Russian and English form is carried out using the top switch.
1. The authors. ATTENTION! FULL NAME OF AUTHORS is filled in in Uzbek, Russian and English. It is necessary to completely fill out the personal data of all authors. The email address of the author, indicated as a contact person for correspondence, will be published for communication with the authors' team in the text of the article and will be freely available to Internet users and subscribers of the printed version of the journal.
2. Article title. Must be fully duplicated in English.
3. Abstract of the article. It should completely coincide with the text in the manuscript file, both in English, and in Uzbek and Russian.
4. Indexing articles.
5. Keywords. You must specify the keywords - from 5 to 7, contributing to indexing articles in search engines. Keywords must be translated into English in pairs. To select keywords in English, use the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) thesaurus of the United States.
6. Language. You must specify the language in which the full text of the manuscript is written. In the case when the author publishes an article in two languages, it is necessary to specify double indexation by language (for example, [ru; en]).
8. Additional data in the form of separate files must be sent to the editor together with the article immediately after the main manuscript file is loaded. Additional files include supporting documents, image files, source data (if the authors wish to submit them to the editors for review or at the request of reviewers), video and audio materials, which should be published with the article in the electronic version of the journal. Before sending, you should enter a description of each file sent. If the information from the additional file should be published in the text of the article, you must give the file an appropriate name (for example, the description of the image file must contain a numbered caption for the signature, for example: Fig. 3. Macro preparation of the removed cyst).
8. Completion of article submission. After downloading all the additional materials you need to check the list of sent files and complete the process of sending the article. After the submission procedure is completed (within 7 days), the e-mail address specified by the authors will be sent to the e-mail address indicated by the authors when the editor has received the article (the absence of a letter confirms that the manuscript was not received by the editor). The author can at any time contact the editors, as well as track the processing of his manuscript through the Personal Account on this site.
For the submission of the article, the authors must confirm the following points. The manuscript can be returned to the authors if it does not correspond to them.
– the article has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted for review and publication in another journal (or an explanation of this is given in the Comments for the Editor);
– file of the article is submitted in the format of the document OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF or WordPerfect;
– provides full Internet addresses (URLs) for links where possible;
– text is typed with a single line spacing; 12 point font size is used; for emphasis it is used italic, not underlining; All illustrations, graphs and tables are located in the appropriate places in the text, and not at the end of the document;
– The text corresponds to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements described in the Guidelines for Authors, located on the page “About the Journal”.
– When submitting an article to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the requirements of the document “Ensuring blind review” should be met.
Authors publishing in this journal agree with the following:
1) The authors retain the copyright of the work and grant the journal the right to first publish the work under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows others to distribute this work with the obligatory retention of references to the authors of the original work and the original publication in this journal;
2) The authors retain the right to enter into separate contractual arrangements regarding the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published here (for example, placing it in the institute's repository, publishing in a book), with reference to its original publication in this journal;
3) Authors have the right to post their work on the Internet (for example, in the institute's repository or personal site) before and during the review process of this journal, as this may lead to a productive discussion and more references to this work (see: The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered on the journal website will be used solely for the purposes indicated by this journal and will not be used for any other purposes or provided to other individuals or organizations.
Preparation of articles
For the submission of the article, the authors must confirm the following points. The manuscript can be returned to the authors if it does not correspond to them.
1. This article has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted for review and publication in another journal (or an explanation is given in the Comments for the editor).
2. The file of the article to be submitted is presented in the format of an OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF or WordPerfect document.
3. Full Internet addresses (URLs) are provided for links where possible.
4. The text is typed with a single line spacing; 12 point font size is used; italics rather than underscore is used for highlighting (except for Internet addresses); All illustrations, graphs and tables are located in the appropriate places in the text, and not at the end of the document.
5. The text corresponds to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements described in the Guidelines for Authors, located on the page “About the Journal”.
6. If you are sending an article to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, then the requirements of the document Ensuring blind review are met.
7. All patients and volunteers who participated in the scientific and clinical research gave written voluntary informed consent to this, and the study was performed in accordance with the requirements of the Helsinki Declaration of the World Medical Association (in 2013 edition).
In the case of studies involving animals, the study protocol complied with the ethical principles and norms of biomedical research involving animals.
Print ISSN 2181-7812