•  
  •  
 

Textile Journal of Uzbekistan

Abstract

In this article, the physicomechanical properties of fiber extracted from mulberry wood were determined, and the possibilities of their use in the textile industry were investigated. During the work it was revealed that when mulberry wood is used as feed, mulberry wood comprises 37% of the mass of leaves, 63% of the mass of mulberry tree branches, the latter consist on average of 19.3% of bark. As a result of the study, it was found that the length of the elementary fiber obtained from thick branчes compared to thin branчes was 10-40 mm, the breaking load of the fiber was 5-9 cN, and the elongation at break was 3-5%. The linear density of the fiber is 0.12-0.18 text. Compared with the indicators of fiber isolated from thick branчes of mulberry tree, the length of the elementary fiber obtained from thin branчes decreased by 55.0%, linear density by 18.7%, the breaking load of the fiber by 48.2%, elongation at break by 54.4%.A comparison was made of mulberry fiber obtained from mulberry branчes with natural fibers of cotton, wool and silk fiber, by suч indicators as length, breaking load, elongation at break and linear density

First Page

57

Last Page

62

Included in

Engineering Commons

Share

COinS
 
 

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.