The importance of higher education in scientific research, its role in poverty reduction and population growth has been studied theoretically. Also, when using the data of social surveys conducted by 538 respondents (students) studying in higher education institutions, they were awarded the Order of the logistics regulator in the economic assessment of the factors influencing the rate of mastery of disciplines. Factors influencing the acquisition of subjects by students: the main income of the family comes from non-farm (69,9 %), sex (52,2 %), studying at a higher education institution on a state grant (108,8 %), the student's course of study (29,2 %), the student's place of study in the subject area (210,4 %), permanent residence 1 percent (p <.01) was found to be statistically significant. Also, the higher the rate of mastery of subjects by male (male) students than by female (female) students and students living permanently in urban areas by students permanently residing in rural areas. There are scientifically based conclusions and recommendations for students to increase the rate of mastery of subjects in higher education institutions.
1. Gutiérrez-Romero R., Ahamed M. COVID-19 response needs to broaden financial inclusion to curb the rise in poverty //World Development. 2021. Т. 138. Pp. 105229.
2. Unicef et al. Averting a lost COVID generation: a six-point plan to respond, recover and reimagine a post-pandemic world for every child. UNICEF, 2020.
3. Chaturvedi K., Vishwakarma D. K., Singh N. COVID-19 and its impact on education, social life and mental health of students: A survey Children and youth services review. 2021. Т. 121. Pp. 105866.
4. Muratov Sh., Pardaev Kh., Hasanov Sh. Assessment of the impact Covid-19 pandemiс on family income from non-farm activities. Journal Irrigation and Melioration. 2020. Т. 2020. №. 4. Pp. 95-98.
5. Pardaev K. et al. Covid-19 impact to family food consumption and income in Uzbekistan: results of an online survey // Irrigation and Melioration. 2021. Т. 2021. №1. Pp. 63-68.
6. Sari R., Soytas U. Income and education in Turkey: A multivariate analysis Education Economics. 2006. Т. 14. №2. Pp. 181-196.
7. Sumner A., Hoy C., Ortiz-Juarez E. Estimates of the Impact of COVID-19 on Global Poverty. WIDER working paper, 2020. №. 2020/43.
8. Lin T., Lv H. The effects of family income on children’s education: An empirical analysis of CHNS data //Research on Modern Higher Education. 2017. Т. 4. Pp. 2002.
9. Kodde D. A., Ritzen J. M. M. Direct and indirect effects of parental education level on the demand for higher education Journal of Human Resources. 1988. Pp. 356-371.
10. Kinsler J., Pavan R. Family income and higher education choices: The importance of accounting for college quality Journal of human capital. 2011. Т. 5. №4. Pp. 453-477.
11. Nazarova B. et al. Education Development in Uzbekistan. Voice of Research. 2015. Т. 43.
12. Acemoglu D., Pischke J. S. Changes in the wage structure, family income, and children's education. European Economic Review. 2001. Т. 45. №4-6. Pp. 890-904.
13. Reardon T. et al. Effects of non-farm employment on rural income inequality in developing countries: an investment perspective. Journal of agricultural economics. 2000. Т. 51. №2. Pp.266-288.
14. Sari R., Soytas U. Income and education in Turkey: A multivariate analysis. Education Economics. 2006. Т. 14. №2. Pp.181-196.
15. Hoang T. X., Pham C. S., Ulubaşoğlu M. A. Non-farm activity, household expenditure, and poverty reduction in rural Vietnam: 2002–2008. World Development. 2014. Т. 64. Pp. 554-568.
16. Barber B. L., Stone M. R., Eccles J. S. Adolescent participation in organized activities. What Do Children Need to Flourish? Springer, Boston, MA, 2005. Pp.133-146.
17. Daoud J. I. Multicollinearity and regression analysis. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. IOP Publishing, 2017. Т. 949. №1. С. 012009.
18. Al-Malkawi H. A. N. Determinants of corporate dividend policy in Jordan: an application of the Tobit model. Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences. 2007.
19. Adeboye N. O., Fagoyinbo I. S., Olatayo T. O. Estimation of the effect of multicollinearity on the standard error for regression coefficients. Journal of Mathematics. 2014. Т. 10. №4. Pp.16-20.
20. Fullerton A. S. A conceptual framework for ordered logistic regression models //Sociological methods & research. 2009. Т. 38. №2. Pp. 306-347.
21. Nwakuya M. T., Mmaduka O. Ordered logistic regression on the mental health of undergraduate students . International Journal of Probability and Statistics. 2019. Т. 8. №1. Pp. 14-18.
"ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF FAMILY INCOME ON STUDENTS' DISCIPLINES,"
Irrigation and Melioration: Vol. 2021
, Article 11.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tiiame/vol2021/iss4/11
Agricultural Economics Commons, Agricultural Education Commons, Environmental Engineering Commons, Hydraulic Engineering Commons, Other Civil and Environmental Engineering Commons, Other Engineering Science and Materials Commons, Other Mechanical Engineering Commons