The problem of sustainable water intake in the conditions of significant fluctuations of flow rates and water level is significantly exacerbated by erosion of river beds. A typical example of such conditions is the damless water intake into the Karshi Main Canal (KMC) where the main flow of the Amudarya river continuously moves along a wide floodplain, changing the direction of currents. As a result, it is very difficult to withdraw the required volume of water from the river to the canal especially during dry years due to the high instability of currents at the entrance to the canal. Within the framework of the performed numerical studies, the conditions of flow spreading (vectors of depth-average velocities) were studied in the specific time intervals and crossings in the water intake area. The results of the study confirmed that without special engineering measures it is practically impossible to assure stable water diversion into the canal. As a preliminary solution of the problem, it was proposed to make a trench along the right bank in the area of water intake into the canal.
1. Bazarov, D., Markova, I., Raimova, I., Sultanov, S.: Water flow motion in the vehicle of main channels. IOP Conf. Ser. Mater. Sci. Eng. 883, 012001 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/883/1/012001.
2. Eshev, S.S., Khazratov, A.N., O’Gli Rahimov, A.R., O`Gli Latipov, S.A.: Influence of wind waves on the flow in flowing reservoirs. IIUM Eng. J. 21, 125–132 (2020). https://doi.org/10.31436/iiumej.v21i2.1329.
3. Uralov, B., Xidirov, S., Matyakubov, B., Eshonkulov, Z., Norkulov, B., Gayur, A.: River channel deformations in the area of damless water intake. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (2020). https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/869/7/072014.
4. Militeev, A.N., Bazarov, D.R. A two-dimensional mathematical model of the horizontal deformations of river channels. Water Resources. 1999. 26(1). Pp. 17–21.
5. Kwon V.I. About the frictional resistance at unsteady motion of an open fluid flow in the channel.
6. Krutov, A., Bazarov, D., Norkulov, B., Obidov, B., Nazarov, B.: Experience of employment of computational models for water quality modelling. In: E3S Web of Conferences (2019). https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20199705030.
7. Bazarov, D.R., Vokhidov, O.F., Lutsenko, L.A., Sultanov, S. Restrictions Applied When Solving One-Dimensional Hydrodynamic Equations. Proceedings of EECE 2019, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering 70. 2019. Pp. 299–305. DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-42351-3_26.
8. Artykbayeva F., Nishanbayev KH., Sharipov O. O., Azimov S. S., U.F.. Zatrudneniya ekspluatatsii besplotinnogo vodozabora reki Amudar'ya v Karshinskiy magistral'nyy kanal [Difficulties in the operation of the damless water intake of the Amu Darya river into the Karshi main canal] International academy JOURNAL. 2018. 2(6(24)). Pp. 13–16. URL: https://ws-conference.com/.(in Russian)
9. Mukhamedov A.M. Osnovnyye napravleniya issledovaniy po ruslovym protsessam reki Amudar'ya [The main directions of research on channel processes of the Amu Darya River]. Tashkent, 1974. (in Russian)
10. Klovskiy A.K. Sovershenstvovaniye konstruktsiy besplotinnykh vodozabornykh gidrouzlov s donnymi tsirkulyatsionnymi porogami na malykh gornykh rekakh [Improvement of structures of damless water intake waterworks with bottom circulation rapids on small mountain rivers]. Moscow, 2015. (in Russian)
11. Bazarov, D., Uralov, B., Matyakubov, B., Vokhidov, O. The effects of morphometric elements of the channel on hydraulic resistance of machine channels of pumping stations. Mater. Sci. Eng. 2020. 869(072014). DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/869/7/072015.
12. Baryshnikov N.B., S.Ye.A. Antropogennoye vozdeystviye na samoreguliruyushchuyusya sistemu «basseyn - rechnoy potok - ruslo» [Anthropogenic impact on the self-regulating system “basin - river flow - channel”]. RSHMU. St. Petersburg, 1990. RGGMU. Sankt-Peterburg, 1990. (in Russian)
13. Baryshnikov N.B. Dinamika ruslovykh potokov [Channel flow dynamics]. RGTMU. Sankt-Peterburg, 2004. (in Russian)
14. Whitham J. Linear and nonlinear waves. Ed. World, M., 1977, 624 p.
15. Serapinas B.B. Geodetic foundations of maps. Geodetic foundations of maps, theoretical foundations of plane coordinates. Access mode: http:// www.geogr.msu.ru/cafedra/karta/docs/GOK/gok_lecture_5.pdf
16. Bazarov, D., Markova, I., Norkulov, B., Isabaev, K. Operational efficiency of water damless intake. 2020. DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/869/7/072051.
17. Web mapping and navigation. SAS.Planet / SAS.Planet. Access mode: http://www.sasgis.org/sasplaneta/
18. SNiP 2.04.03-85. Sewerage. External networks and facilities. SNiP 2.04.03-85, 1986
19. Bazarov, D., Norkulov, B., Vokhidov, O., Uljaev, F., Ishankulov, Z. Two-dimensional flow movement in the area of protective regulatory structures. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2020. 890(1). DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/890/1/012162.
20. Topographic maps of the General Staff, GosGisCentre. Access mode https://satmaps.info/
21. Bazarov D.R., B.Norkulov. Izmeneniye gidrologicheskogo rezhima reki pri besplotinnom vodozabore [Changes in the hydrological regime of the river in case of damless water intake]. Architecture, Construction, Design. 2011. No4. Pp. 39-41. (in Russian)
Bazarov, D.R.; Vokhidov, O.F.; Tashkhanova, M.; and Uljayev, F.
"RESULTS OF A NUMERICAL STUDY OF CURRENTS IN THE VICINITY OF A DAMLESS WATER INTAKE,"
Irrigation and Melioration: Vol. 2020
, Article 14.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tiiame/vol2020/iss4/14