The content of the article is devoted to the incorrectness of the existing methodology for calculating freight fastening. Based on the conducted research, the article proved that the strength of freight fasteners subjected to transverse forces is not provided. The existing methodology for calculating freight fastenings, firstly, does not take into account the force of preliminary twists of the fastening wire, which increase the adhesion force of the freight to the car floor, and secondly, it does not take into account freight shifts that occur during transportation. The force in all wire fasteners subjected to transverse forces, depending on the geometry of the fasteners, have the same value, which does not correspond to the reality and is one of the main disadvantages of the existing method of calculating freight fasteners.
1. Nils Anderson, Peter Anderson, Robert Bylander, Sven Sokjer, Petersen and Bob Zether: Equipment for Rational Securing of Cargo on railway Wagons / VINNOVA Report/Rapport VR 2004:05 // http://www.vinnova.se/upload / EPiStorePDF /vr-04-05.pdf.
2. Marten Johanson, Peter Andersson. Equipment for Efficient Cargo Securing and Ferry Fastening of Vehicles/NVF-rapporter/V gverket, 2004. http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=1593
3. Driver’s Handbook Cargo Securement. A Cuide to the North American Cargo Securement Standard. http://www.highwaystarmagazine.com/images /Driver_Handbook.pdf
4. European Best Practice Guidelines on Cargo Securing for Road Transport. 208 p. http://ec.europa.eu/transport/roadsafety/vehicles/best_practice_guidelines_en.htm
5. Komarov, K.L., Yashin, A.F. (2004). Teoreticheskaia makhanika v zadachakh gruzovykh perevozok. Monographiia [Theoretical mechanics in problems of railway transport. Monograph]. Novosibirsk: Nauka Publ. (in Russian)
6. Priddy, J.D. and Jones, R.A. “Experimental Determination of the Effect of Cargo Variations on Roll Stability,” SAE Technical Paper No. 2005-01-3516, November 2005.
7. Billing, J.R. “Industry Practices for Loading and Securing Cargo in Vans and other Closed Trucks,” Ontario Trucking Association, Spring. 2006.
8. Hildebrand, E., Balsom, M. and Wilson, F.R. “Impact of Wind Forces on Heavy Truck Stability,” Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting 2006, Paper #06-1232.
9. Load Securement for Palletized Freight in Closed Trucks – From an Enforcement Perspective. dPE, Inc. “The Science of Preventing Freight Damage”. January 2007. 50 p.
10. Vertical cylinder handling and transportation AIGA 038/06. 24 p. http://www.asiaiga.org.
11. SMGS “Technicheskie usloviia razmeshcheniia i krepleniia gruzov”. Prilozdeniie 3 [Agreement on International Goods Transport by rail “Technical conditions for allocation and fastening”. Appendix 3]. Retrieved February 5, 2020, from http://osjd.org/doco/public/ru
12. Turanov, Kh., Timukhina, E.: (2008). Analytical Modelling Cargoes Displacement in Wagon and Tension in Fastening. Transport Problems, 3(3), 69-76. ISSN: 1896-0596
13. Turanov, Kh.: (2009). Analytical Basis of Technology Asymmetrical Allocation of Cargo Masses Common Centre t in Wagons. Transport Problems, 4(1), 77-86. ISSN: 1896-0596
14. Turanov, Kh.T. (2009). Teoreticheskaia makhanika v zadachakh gruzovykh perevozok. Monographiia [Theoretical mechanics in cargo transportation problems. Monograph]. Novosibirsk: Nauka Publ. (in Russian)
15. Turanov, Kh., Olentsevich, V.: (2010). Analytical Investigation of Cargo Displacement During the Movement of Rolling Stock on Curved Section of a Track. Transport Problems, 5(1), 23-32. ISSN: 1896-0596
16. Turanov, Kh., Portnova, O.: (2010). Development of Dynamical Model of Wheel Machinery Allocated on a Flat-Car. Transport Problems, 5(2), 71-82. ISSN: 1896-0596
17. Turanov, Kh., Timukhina, E.: (2011). Working out of Generalized Dynamic Model of Cargo Fixation with Cargo Pads Jointly with Flexible and Thrust Elements under the Action Spatial Force System. Transport Problems, 6(2), 79-88. ISSN: 1896-0596
18. Turanov, Kh., Timukhina, E.: (2011). Generalized Mathematical Model of Fastening Technology of Cargo with Pads Jointly with Flexible and Thrust Elements under the Action Spatial Force System. Transport Problems, 6(3), 27-39. ISSN: 1896-0596
19. Turanov, Kh.: Analytical investigation of cargo motion lengthwise the wagon under the action of plane force system. Global J. Res. Eng.: Mech. Mech. Eng. 13(X), 7–16 (2013). Version 1.0, New York
20. Turanov, Kh.: Mathematical modeling of cargo motion crosswise the wagon under the action of plane force system. Science and Technology. 5(1), 5-14 (2015). doi: 10.5923/j.scit.2015 0501.02) (ID: 104000126).
Ruzmetov, Yadgor Ozodovich and Shihnazarov, Jamol
"ABOUT FASTENING CARGO ON THE WAGON UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF TRANSVERSE FORCES,"
Journal of Tashkent Institute of Railway Engineers: Vol. 16
, Article 5.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tashiit/vol16/iss2/5