The paper provides information about the transport tunnel 19,2 km long which was recently completed on new electrified railway line “Angren-Pap” in the mountain area of Uzbekistan. It is noted that the most actual for transport tunnels is account of seismic activity of geological environment in the process of design, construction and maintenance. There are given the effects of earthquakes on underground structures and regularities of displacement and stress distribution in the tunnel linings under seismic impacts. The accumulated experience of earthquake-resistant construction in Uzbekistan shows the need to consider several design schemes for the interaction of tunnels in the rock mass at a sufficient depth,, cases of crossing the tectonic zones by the tunnel
1. Melikulov A.D., Toshtemirov W.T. “Modern tunneling technologies at the service of developing international relations of Uzbekistan along the ancient Great Silk Road”. Prospects for the development of building technologies. TSTU, Tashkent, 2014 - pp 151-154
2. Ukshebaev M.T., Kabashev A.Z., Nurgalieva M.R. Fundamentals of structural analysis, technology and construction techniques of subways. Bastau Publishing House. Almaty, 2010 - p 347
3. Spathis A., Gupta R. Tunnelling in rock by drilling and blasting. London,Taylor and Francis Group, LLC, 2013 - p 135
4. Dorman I.Y. Earthquake resistance of transport tunnels. – M : Transport, 1986 - p 176
5. Rashidov T. R., Ishanhodjaev A. A. Seismic resistance of shallow underground tunnel structures. Tashkent, Fan, 1994 - p 145
Miralimov, M.Х. and Normurodov, Sh.U.
"CONSTRUCTION FEATURES OF TRANSPORT TUNNELS IN THE MOUNTAIN AREAS OF UZBEKISTAN,"
Journal of Tashkent Institute of Railway Engineers: Vol. 15
, Article 5.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tashiit/vol15/iss3/5