The high demand for mobile services observed in recent years poses a challenge for telecom operators to expand service areas not only in populated areas, but also in places with a specific architecture and terrain. These places include car tunnels. In this article, the authors discuss some issues of mobile communications in long car tunnels. The requirements for the characteristics of a mobile communication channel and some expressions for calculating signal levels inside rectangular tunnels are considered.
1. Zhi Sun, Ian F. Akyildiz. Influences of Vehicles on Signal Propagation in Road Tunnels. // IEEE ICC Proceedings, 2010, PP.208-214.
2. J.S. Lamminmaki, J.J.A. Lempianinen. Radio propagation characteristics in curved tunnels. //IEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 145, No. 4, August, 1998, PP. 327-331.
3. Ph. Mariage, M. Lienard, and P. Degauque, Member, IEEE. Theoretical and Experimental Approach of the Propagation of High Frequency Waves in Road Tunnels. //IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 42, No.1, JANUARY, 1994, PP.5-81.
4. Y. Yamaguchi, T. Abe and T. Sekiguchi, Radio wave propagation loss in the VHF to microwave region due to vehicle in tunnel. // IEEE Trans. on Electromagn. Compat., Vol. EMC 31, No. 1, Feb. 1989.PP. 87-91,
5. S.F. Mahmoud and J.R. Wait. Guided electromagnetic waves in a curved rectangular mine tunnel. //Radio Sci., Vol. 9, No. 5. 1974. PP. 567-572,
6. J.Chiba and K. Sugiyama. Effects of trains on cutoff frequency and field in rectangular tunnels as waveguide. //IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 30, No.
5,1982. PP. 757-759.
7. Donald G. Dudley. Wireless Propagation in Circular Tunnels //IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., vol. 53, No.1, 2005. PP. 435-441.
8. Shahobiddinov A.Sh., Likoncev D.N., Cjunjak A.V. Raschet velichiny oslablenija signala v avtodorozhnom tunnele prjamougol'noj formy //Vestnik TUIT. -2009. -№2. -S.65-66.
9. Vol'man V.I., Pimenov Ju.V. Tehnicheskaja jelektrodinamika. – M.: Svjaz', 2002.
10. During D. Theory of multipath shape factors for small-scale fading wireless channels //IEEE Trans. Ant. Propag. - 2000. - V. 48. -№ 5. - P.682-693.
Shamsiev, A.S. and Shakhobiddinov, A.Sh.
"ABOUT ORGANIZATION OF MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS IN LONG CAR TUNNELS,"
Journal of Tashkent Institute of Railway Engineers: Vol. 15
, Article 29.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/tashiit/vol15/iss2/29