Uzbekistan is one of the most active countries in the migration process. In this process, she participates as a donor country. The problem of migrants is directly related to economic and political factors. However, the media, especially online publications, play a special role in shaping attitudes towards him. Analytical articles of Uzbek researchers and foreign publications on this topic were chosen as a theoretical basis for the work. The article discusses topical articles of leading online publications such as Kun.uz, Daryo.uz, Qalampir.uz Analysis and synthesis of the general research methodology were used as methodological tools. The article examines the attitude of Internet publications to this process, the degree of disclosure of this topic, the role of Internet publications and modern technologies in the process and coverage of this process. In addition to labor migrants, the issue of “brain drain” was also covered in online publications. The problem of “refugees” was not ignored either, and it seems that it has not been widely disseminated in Uzbek Internet publications. The publications are dedicated to Russian labor migrants, and the materials are full of sympathy for them. It was studied how the situation of labor migrants in a pandemic is reflected in Internet publications. Migration is mainly covered in the news genre, followed by interviews and analytical articles. According to the results of the article, Uzbek Internet publications have made significant progress in this area in recent years (3 years). It has become clear that they are taking a broader and more open approach to the problem of migration and are listening to the plight of migrants. However, it was also noted that the role of bloggers is different from that of online publications. If the problem of refugees in the European media began to attract more serious attention after the tragic death of Aylan Kurdi, in the Uzbek media the situation intensified after the tragedy in Aktobe.
1. Allayev F. Muhojirning qadrini bilgan bildi. [Only someone who knows an immigrant understands its value]. Available at: https://www.xabar.uz/ru/mualliflar/firuz-allayev/ muhojirning-qadrini-tushungan. ( accessed 31.01.2018)
2. Eraliev Sh. Return migration as a brain gain for Uzbekistan? The challenges of attracting highly skilled Uzbeks abroad. New voices from Uzbekistan. Insitute for European, Russian and Euroasian Studies. The George Washington University 2019.-P.28.
3. Egamberdieva N. O’zbekistonda migratsiya ta’siridan bolalarni himoyalash bo’yicha loyiha ishga tushirildi. [Project to protect children affected by migration launched in Uzbekistan]. Available at: https://www.unicef.org/uzbekistan/uz/press-releases/%C6%A1zbekistondamigratsiya- tasiridan-bolalarni-himoyalash-b%C6%A1yicha-loyiha-ishga
4. EurasiaNet, Uzbekistan: nachalo resheniya problem trudovoy migratsii. [Uzbekistan: the beginning of solving the problem of labor migration]. Available at: https://www.refworld. org/docid/5a28fa744.html
5. F.Tolipov. O probleme i ssenariyax razvitiya trudovoy migratsii v Uzbekistane. [The problems and possible scenarios of labor migration in Uzbekistan], 2016. Available at: https://cabar.asia/ru/farhod-tolipov-o-probleme-i-stsenariyah-razvitiya-trudovoj-migratsiiv- uzbekistane (accessed 10.06.2016)
6. Mirziyoyev Sh. Matbuot va ommaviy axborot vositalari xodimlariga bayram tabrigi. [Congratulations on the day of press and mass-media workers]. Ma’rifat, 2017.28.07.
7. Prague process. Respublika Uzbekistan: Bazoviy migratsionniy profil. [Republic of Uzbekistan: Basic Migration Profile]. EU-2015, 21 p.
8. Trudovaya migratsiya iz Uzbekistana v Rossiyu.[ Labor migration from Uzbekistan to Russia]. Available at: http://caa-network.org/archives/9553. (accessed 28.06. 2017)
9. UNICEF. O’zbekistonda migratsiyaning bolalarga ta’sirini o’rganish. [Effects of migration on children of Uzbekistan]. Hisobot.[Summary report]. 2020, 3 p.
10. UNDp. Trudovaya migratsiya v respublike Uzbekistan: Sotsialnie, pravovie i gendernie aspekti. [Labor migration in the republic of Uzbekistan: social, legal and gender aspects]. Tashkent, 2008, 15 p.
11. Volkov V. Uzbekistan povarachivaetsya litsom k svoim trudovim migrantom.[ Uzbekistan turns to face its labor migrants]. Available at: https://www.dw.com/ru/узбекистан- поворачивается-лицом-к-своим-трудовым -/a-38710756. (accessed 08.05.2017)
12. Zokirov N. Prezident Mirziyoyev vatandoshlarga nima dedi? [What did President Mirziyoev say to his compatriots?]. Available at: https://www.amerikaovozi.com/a/4038113.html. (accessed 21.09.2017)
13. Zoxitova N. The Role and influence of the media in covering migration processes. Journal of psychosocial rehabilitation, 2020, vol. 24, issue. 6. pp. 447-455. doi: 10.37200/IJPR/ V24I6/PR260048.
14. Kun.uz, Daryo.uz, Qalampir.uz, Xabar.uz kabi internet nashrlarning mavzuga aloqador bo’lgan materiallaridan tahlil uchun foydalanildi [Related materials from online publications such as Kun.uz, Daryo.uz, Qalampir.uz, Xabar.uz were used for analysis].
Zokhitova, Nodira PhD Researcher
"THE TOPIC OF MIGRATION AND APPROACH TO IT IN THE ONLINE PUBLICATIONS OF UZBEKISTAN,"
Philology Matters: Vol. 2020
, Article 7.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/philolm/vol2020/iss4/7