Theoretical lexicography studies the history of lexicography, types of dictionaries, requirements for dictionaries, critical analysis of existing dictionaries, practical lexicography deals with the study, compilation, improvement and consumption of a certain type of vocabulary. Practical lexicography involves the application of general theoretical principles and rules of lexicography in the process of creating a dictionary.
The ambiguity of terms, the meaning of terms, the essence of the concept, the excessive length, complex phrases are inconvenient, with an excessive number of foreign terms. The creation of a glossary of terminology in various fields in response to the above problems is an urgent task of modern lexicography.
It is very important for a lexicographer to work with a specialist in the field from the beginning to the end of the terminology system development process. There are good reasons for this. When developing a dictionary of common words, the lexicographer himself/herself can easily provide accurate and detailed explanations of words, as well as develop examples of authorship. To explain specific terms and understand the situations in which they are used, the lexicographer must have not only linguistic knowledge, but also an understanding of this specific area.
Bilingual dictionaries are more practical than textual content. This, of course, requires a lot of volumes. For this reason, it is not for nothing that monolingual dictionaries cover more terms than translation dictionaries. For dictionaries of practical translation, the functional value of the term is important, that is, the user must be able to use the dictionary in order to understand a certain word in the correct context, understand it from a communicative point of view and understand it himself/herself.
Bidirectional dictionaries do not mean they are bicultural. The lexicographic interpretation of the tourism terms in active and passive translation dictionaries differs: in passive dictionaries an explanation of a foreign word in the native language is given, in active dictionaries foreign equivalents are found by means of a word in the native language.
1. Baskerville, Rachel / Evans, Lisa 2011: The darkening glass: Issues for translation of IFRS. Edinburgh: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland.
2. Béjoint, Henri (1988). Scientific and Technical Words in General Dictionariesl International Journal of Lexicography 1/4: p. 366.
3. Bergenholtz, Henning and Sven Tarp (eds) (1995). Manual of Specialized Lexicography. Tne Preparation of Specialized Dictionaries. Amsterdam: Benjamins: p. 52.
4. Bowker, Lynne and Jennifer Pearson (2002). Working with Specialized Language. A practical guide to using corpora. London: Routledge, ch.s 3 and 4.
5. Collins Dictionary to give examples of lemmas from the language corpus. https://www. collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/
6. Cultural information in translation dictionaries Shirinova R.H. Scientific News Philology 2017, No. p. 2.
7. Fuertes –Olivera, p.A. 2009a. Systematic introductions in specialized dictionaries, p. 167- 187.
8. G. Abdurakhmonov, С.Mamajonov. Uzbek language and literature. Tashkent "Uzbekistan" 2002, p. 82.
9. Isabel Balteiro, New approaches to specialized English lexicology and lexicography. Cambridge scholars.
10. Karimov I.A. High spirituality is an invincible force. Tashkent, Manaviyat, 2008, p. 87.
11. L.V.Shcherba. Yazykovaya system and rechevaya deyatelnost. [Language systems and speech activity] Leningrad, 1971, p. 312.
12. L.Zgusta. Manual of Lexicography. Praja, Academica, 1971.
13. Lemma (morphology). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/ index.php?title=Lemma_(morphology)&oldid=959700972
14. Lotte D.S. Osnovy postroeniya nauchno-tehnicheskoy terminologii. [Fundamentals of building scientific and technical terminology]. Moscow, 1961
15. M.Iriskulov Introduction to Linguistics. Tashkent “Teacher” 1992, p. 113.
16. Manual of specialized lexicography: the preparation of specialized dictionaries. Henning Bergenholtz, Sven Tarp. John Benjamin`s publishing company. 1995, p. 10.
17. Martin, Robert (2007). 'Le traitment lexicographique des mots scientifiques et technik', in Olivier Bertrand, Hiltrud Gerner, and Béatrice Stumpf (eds) Lexiques scientifiques et techniques. Constitution and historical approximation. Paris: Les Editions de l'Ecole polytechnique, p. 29.
18. Philip Durkin. The Oxford handbook of lexicography. Oxford University Press. 2016, p. 400.
19. Philip Durkin. The Oxford handbook of lexicography. Oxford University Press. 2016, p. 399.
20. Rossenbeck, Klaus (2005). 'Die zweisprachige Fachlexikographie in the new and nearest Worterbuchforschung; Lexicographica 21, p. 18.
21. Sandro Nielsen Bilingual Dictionaries for Communication in the Domain of Economics: Function-Based Translation Dictionaries https://www.researchgate.net/ publication/287816249_Bilingual_Dictionaries_for_Communication_in_the_Domain_of_ Economics_Function-Based_Translation_Dictionaries
22. Sandro Nielsen Bilingual Dictionaries for Communication in the Domain of Economics: Function-Based Translation Dictionaries
23. Sobirova Z., Mengliyev B. Some issues related to the transfer of english tourism terms in uzbek language https://www.jcreview.com/?mno=101790 Tarp, Sven / Bothma, Theo J.D. 2013: An Alternative Approach to Enlightenment Age Lexicography: The Universal Dictionary of Trade and Commerce. In Lexicographica p. 29, 222-284.
24. Ulmas Sharipova, Ibrahim Yuldashev. Fundamentals of Linguistics. Tashkent 2006: p. 50.
25. Ulmas Sharipova, Ibrahim Yuldashev. Fundamentals of Linguistics. Tashkent 2006: p. 56.
26. Werner, Reinhold (1999). 'Das Problem der Áquivalenz im zwei- und im mehrsprachigen Fachwórterbuch; in Hoffmann et al. (1998-99) Vol. II, 1868.
27. Yong, Heming and Jing Peng (2007). Bilingual Lexicography from a Communicative Perspective. Amsterdam: Benjamins: p. 76.
28. Yong, Heming and Jing Peng (2007). Bilingual Lexicography from a Communicative Perspective. Amsterdam: Benjamins: p. 139.
29. Zemskaya E.A. Kak delayutsya slova [How words are made]. Moscow.
Sobirova, Zarnigor Intern-researcher
"LEXICOGRAPHIC INTERPRETATION OF THE TOURISM TERMS IN THE ENGLISH AND UZBEK LANGUAGES,"
Philology Matters: Vol. 2020
, Article 6.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/philolm/vol2020/iss4/6