This article explains the need for the research in the field of engineering terminology, the process of teaching it in foreign languages, the comparative application of engineering terms in different languages and studying the development trends. Objective of the article is to describe the methodology of teaching mechanical engineering terminology on the basis of study research in the field of mechanical engineering as a complex of heavy equipment in industry that produces household appliances, as well as consumer electronics and products of defense importance. Methods of the investigation that enabled to: study and analyze mechanical engineering terms; develop methodology of teaching mechanical engineering terms; analyze selection and assessment criteria of case studies; analyze selection and assessment criteria of project-based teaching; organize pedagogical experiments and analyze their results. It is an integral part to investigate the sphere of machine-building and metalworking industries, the production of metal products, metal structures and the repair of machinery and equipment. Furthermore, the issues of teaching engineering terminology in order to form professional foreign language competence in technical students by means of using new pedagogical technologies are of high significance. Such as, typology of terms in the field of mechanical engineering, teaching terminology whereby case studies and projects, examples of case studies and study projects are given. It is also important to pay attention to the etymology and the sources of the formation of terms, their peculiarities and definitions in special contexts as a complex human speech and language activity. Results and discussion. The article discloses the processes of activating terminology for obtaining information, through cognitive activity. Research works in the field of mechanical engineering, the practical basis of teaching terms and its effectiveness are also analyzed. The terms, vocabulary related to the field of mechanical engineering, case studies and analysis of independent work assignments are taken into account in the organization and conducting the trainings defined in the pedagogical experiment. As a result of experimental research, it was proved by mathematical statistical methods that the efficiency was achieved by 15% in case studies and 17% in educational projects. It was found that the mean value of the scores in the experimental group was 17% higher than in the control group. Hence, the research conducted has proven to be effective. Conclusions. The difficulties that arise in the process of comparing terminological activities show not only the specificity of individual languages, but also the specific role of terms in the national language system. Comparing the terminology of the English and Uzbek languages in the field of mechanical engineering not only allows to determine the general and specific features of the terms of mechanical engineering in the two languages, but also provides an in-depth study of both terminological systems.
1. Amosova N.N. Word and context // Series of Philological Sciences, Leningrad, 1952, No. 42, p. 243, pp. 3-23.
2. B.N. Golovin On some problems of learning terms. In the book: Semiotic problems of languages of science, terminology and informatics. Moscow, 1971, pp. 64-67.
3. Bozhno L.I. Technical Terms in German: A Handbook for Teachers. Moscow: Higher school, 1961.78 p.
4. Dadaboev Kh., Usmanova Sh. Foreign sociolinguistic / Textbook. – Tashkent, 2014. pp. 119-120
5. Denisov P.N. Terminology and various aspects of the language of science. - In the book: Problems of development and streamlining of terminology in the academies of the union republics. M ", 1983, pp. 66-81.
6. Efimov D.K. The terminosphere of the media in Russian and English: Dis. dokt. fil. nauk. – Yekaterinburg, 2005. – 24 p.
7. Felber H. Terminology Handbook. Paris, 1984. – 34 p.
8. Hoshimov O., Yakubov I. Methods of teaching English. – Tashkent: Sharq, 2003. – 304 p. – pp. 72-73.
9. Irisqulov M.T. Introduction to Linguistics. – Tashkent:Yangi asr avlodi, 2009. – 364 P. - 56 p.
10. Innovative educational technologies and pedagogical competence. Educational-methodical complex on the module. – Tashkent, 2017. – 230 P.
11. Kadirbekova D.X. English-Uzbek terminology of information and communication technologies and its lexicographic features.: PhD thesis abstract. – Tashkent, 2017. – 44 p.
12. Kirsanov, A.A., Kondratyev, V.V. Engineering Pedagogy: Definitions, Problems, Levels, and Functions. In: Diversity Unifies - Diversity in Engineering Education: Proceeding ofthe Joint International IGIP-SEFI Annual Conference 2010, Trnava, Slovakia, pp. 206-208.
13. Kondratyev, V.V., Ivanov, V.G. (2011). Main Categories of Engineering Pedagogy. In: Forming International Engineers for the Information Society. XL IGIP International Symposium on Engineering Education, March 27-30, 2011. Santos, Brazil, pp. 353-356.
14. Kuznetsova I.A. Terms of modern English teaching methods in Scott Thornbury's encyclopedia "AN AZ OF ELT" // Electronic resource: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/ terminy-metodiki-prepodavaniya-sovremennogo-angliyskogo-yazyka-v-entsiklopediiskotta -tornberi-an-az-of-elt. Date of access: 14.06.2020.
15. Leichik V.M. Terminology and terminology // Scientific and technical terminology. Moscow: Education, 2000. Issue. 2. pp. 54-56.
16. Paluanova X.D. Derivation-semantic principles of ecological terms in English, Uzbek, Russian and Karakalpak languages: Dr. phil. sci. diss. - Tashkent, 2016.
17. Prikhodko, V.M., Sazonova, Z.S. (2014). Engineering Pedagogy as the Base for Training of Modern Engineers and Academic Staff of Technical Universities. Higher Education in Russia. No. 4, pp. 6-12. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
18. Radovel V.A. English for technical students. – Moscow: RIOR: INFRA-M, 2016. – 284 p. https://nashol.com/knigi-po-tehnologii-selskohozyaistvennogo-proizvodstva/
19. Senashenko, V.S., Verbitskiy, A.A., Ibragimov, G.I., Osipov P.N., et al. (2017). Engineering Pedagogy: Methodological Issues: round table discussion. Higher Education in Russia. No. 11 (217), pp. 137-157.
20. Shchukin A.N. Methodology for teaching speech communication in a foreign language. Moscow: IKAR, 2011.
21. Shabardina S.V. Formation of the term system of law in English: Dis. dokt. fil. nauk. 2002. – 183 p.
22. Theory of machine mechanisms. Electronic resource: https://aim.uz/referaty/356- mashinostroenie-referaty/24970-mashina-mexanizmlar-nazariyasi-mashinalarnilassifikasiyasi. html. Date of access: 23.09.2019.
23. Tikhonova E.V. Methods of teaching terminology in a professional foreign language course // Dynamics of systems, mechanisms and machines. - No. 5. 2014. - pp. 231-233.
24. Toshpulatov MM, Sharipov Q.A. Automotive and automobiles. Annotated glossary. Volume 1. – Tashkent: Navruz, 2017. - 543 p.
25. Toshpulatov MM, Sharipov Q.A. Automotive and automobiles. Annotated glossary. Volume 2. – Tashkent: Navruz, 2017. - 546 p.
26. Toshpulatov MM, Sharipov Q.A. Automotive and automobiles. Annotated glossary. Volume 3. – Tashkent: Navruz, 2017. - 550 p.
27. Toshpulatov MM, Sharipov Q.A. Automotive and automobiles. Annotated glossary. Volume 4. – Tashkent: Navruz, 2017. - 558 p.
28. Toshpulatov MM, Sharipov Q.A. Automotive and automobiles. Annotated glossary. Volume 5. – Tashkent: Navruz, 2017. - 536 p.
29. The importance of mechanical engineering Electronic resource: https://spravochnick.ru/ mashinostroenie/znachenie_mashinostroeniya/ Date of access: 23.09.2019.
30. Uzbek language terminology Lecture notes. – 47 p.
31. Zakinov E.Yu. Communication as the basis of human communication // Pedagogical education and science. – № 6. – Moscow, 2014. – 82 p.
32. Zhalolov Zh. Methods of teaching foreign languages. – Tashkent, 2012. –430 p.
33. Zakharov B.V., Kireev V.S., Yudin D.L. Explanatory Dictionary of Mechanical Engineering. Basic terms - Ed. A. M. Dalsky. – Moscow., 1987. – 304 p. Electronic resource: https://www. studmed.ru/view/zaharov-bv-kireev-v-s-yudin-dl-tolkovyy-slovar-po-mashinostroeniyuosnovnye- terminy_f57e55dfab4.html. Date of access: 15.06.20.
Ashurov, Alisher independent researcher
"PRACTICAL BASIS OF TEACHING MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TERMS,"
Philology Matters: Vol. 2020
, Article 1.
DOI: 10. 36078/987654455
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/philolm/vol2020/iss3/1