The article is devoted to the theoretical problems of cognitive stylistics. The formation of stylistic trend in cognitive linguistics is determined by common theoretical postulates and some notions (interpretation, conceptual information, foregrounding and so on), and it is also due to the possibility of using and creative refraction of some notions and methods of analysis developed in cognitive linguistics, as applied to stylistic investigations. The main attention is paid to the cognitive principles of distributing information in the text, cognitive basis of stylistic devices, also great attention is paid to the theory of cognitive metaphor, mental spaces and conceptual integration. In the article it is also proved that there are all grounds to examine cognitive stylistics as one of the significant trends of cognitive linguistics as well as cognitive semantics and cognitive grammar.
- Arnold I.V. Stylistics of the modern English language.- М.: Enlightenment, 1990
- Ashurova D.U. New trends in the development of stylistics// Materials of scientifictheoretical conference. Samarqand: SSIFL, 2005. P. 7–8.
- Ashurova D.U. Stylistics in the framework of cognitive theory//“Foreign languages in Uzbekistan” scientific-methodic e-magazine, 2018. №2(21)
- Fauconnier. G. & Turner. M. (2002). The Way We Think. New York: Basic Books.
- Fauconnier. G. (1995) Mental spaces. Cambridge.
- Galperin А.I. Stylistics of the English language. –Moscow, 1981.
- Ivanova Е.V. Proverb pictures of the world (on the material of English and Russian proverbs). –Saint- Petersburg, 2002. – 160 p.
- Jusupov N.М. Linguocultural aspect of symbol investigation in the literary text. Autoref. dis. cand. … philol. sciences. –Tashkent, 2006. – 26 p.
- Kasevich V.B. Language structures and cognitive activity.– Moscow, 1989. – P. 8–18.
- Kibrik А.А. Cognitive discourse analysis// Questions of the linguistics. – 1994. – № 5. – P. 126–140.
- Kubryakovа Е.S., Demyankov V.Z. and others. Short dictionary of cognitive terms— М.: Philological faculty of МSU named after М.V.Lomonosov, 1996
- Lakoff G., Johnson M. Metaphor we Live by.- Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1980.
- Screbtsova Т.G. Cognitive linguistics: lectures.-Saint-P.:Filol.fac of Saint-PU, 2011
- usupov N.М. Cognitive stylistics: modern condition and actual questions of its investigation, 2011. №3 (028)
Sinjapova, Rusana Teacher
"THEORETICAL PROBLEMS OF COGNITIVE STYLISTICS,"
Philology Matters: Vol. 2020
, Article 14.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/philolm/vol2020/iss2/14