The present article deals with translation to be the fifth activity in addition to speaking, writing, listening and reading. It dwells upon it not as a type of exercise which is widely used in teaching a foreign language but as a separate type of activity. The main attention is also paid to different viewpoints on the matter and the author made an attempt to prove that the translation can be used both as a skill and a type of activity requiring special competence for mastering it as a specialty. Translation, being an independent science, has its own methods, ways, rules and important competences which are in its domain.
- Aktual'nye problemy obshchej teorii yazyka, perevoda i metodiki prepodavaniya inostrannyh yazykov // Sbornik trudov konferencii . 2016. S. 149-152.
- Harris B. The Importance of Natural Translation. Working Paper #12, 1977. – 29 p.
- Jalolov J.J. Teaching a Foreign Langauge. A text-book for the students of the higher educational institutions (departments). – Tashkent: O’qituvchi, 1996. – 368 p.
- Konysheva M.V.Perevod kak sredstvo obucheniya inostrannomu yazyku/
- Pinar A.(2017). The Role of Translation in Foreign-language Teaching. Doctoral Thesis. - Supervised by Prof. Dr. Anthony Pym. Tarrogona. – 229 p.
- Rivers W.M., Temperley M.S. (1978) A Practical Guide to the Teaching of English as a Second or Foreign Language. – N.Y. - p.327-328.
- Tarjima san'ati: Maqolalar to‘plami (Tahrir hay'ati: G‘.Salomov (mas'ul muharrir) va boshq.; To‘plovchi T.Jo‘raev) – T.: G‘afur G‘ulom nomidagi Adabiyot va san'at nashriyoti, 1980. – 304 b.
- Visson, Lynn (2017) Simultaneous Interpreting from Russian into English (Translation from English). - Moscow: R.Valent, - 320 p.
- Zımnıaıa, Irına Alekseevna. Uchebnoe posobıe "Psıhologıiya perevoda": (Dlıa vyssh. kýrsov perevodchıkov) / [Sost. I. A. Zımnıaıa, V. I. Ermolovıch]. - M. : MGPIIIa, 1981. -99 s.
Kambarov, Nasir Professor, PhD
"TRANSLATION AS А FIFTH SPEECH ACTIVITY,"
Philology Matters: Vol. 2020
, Article 12.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/philolm/vol2020/iss2/12