The present article discusses the ways for improving the quality and effectiveness of the process of teaching children of primary school age. In particular, aspects such as the development of cognitive and meta-cognitive strategies for the development of conscious understanding of self-learning process. The development of a meta-language and a conscious thought (thinking) process to analyze self-learning process are considered. Some examples provided in this article are taken from the Kid’s English to illustrate the development of cognitive and metacognitive strategies in primary school.
- Allen J. M. (2009). Valuing practice over theory: How beginning teachers re-orient their practice in the transition from the university to the workplace. Teaching and teacher education, 25(5), 647-654. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2008.11.011
- Brewster J., Ellis, G. & Girard, D. (2004). The Primary English Teacher’s Guide. London: Penguin
- Brown R., & Brown, M. (1996). New contexts for modern language learning. Pathfinder Series for language teachers. No 27: CILT
- Cochran-Smith M. (2005). Studying teacher education: what we know and need to know. Journal of Teacher Education, 56, 301–307 http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0022487105280116
- Ellis G. (2000) “Is it worth it? Convincing teachers of the value of developing meta cognitive awareness in children” in Learner Autonomy, Teacher Autonomy: Future directions, edited by Sinclair, B., McGrath, I. & Lamb, T., Longman in association with the British Council
- Ellis G. & Sinclair, B. (1989) Learning to Learn English: Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Louden W., Rohl, M., Gore, J. M., Greaves, D., McIntosh, A., Wright, R., et al. (2005). Prepared to teach: an investigation into the preparation of teachers to teach literacy and numeracy. http://www.dest.gov.au/sectors/school_education/
- Sandlin R. A., Young, B. L., & Karge, B. D. (1992). Regularly and alternatively credentialed beginning teachers: Comparison and contrast of their development. Action in Teacher Education, 14(4), 16–23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01626620.1993.10463137
- Tips to teach very http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/teaching-kids
- young learners myenglishpages.com>blog/teaching
- Methods of teaching young learners vk.com>public43406355
- Young learners Sarah Phillips/ pdfsb.net>young leaners Sarah Phillips
Khan, Svetlana Head of the department
"HELPING A CHILD TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL LEARNER,"
Philology Matters: Vol. 2020
, Article 11.
DOI: 10. 36078/987654427
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/philolm/vol2020/iss1/11