The article deals with one of the most important components of oral speech communication as listening comprehension. The authors endeavor to review several important listening comprehension theories and figure out their significance in teaching listening. It reviews the importance of listening in language comprehension, the psychological processes of listening and the intended communicative outcomes of listening.
1. Chugaeva T.N. (2007). Perception aspect of the sound system of the English language.Yekaterinburg-Perm: PNTs UrO RAN. – Р. 246.
2. Karimvand, P. N. (2011). Psycholinguistic Perspectives on Comprehension in Second Language Acquisition. Journal of Language Teaching and Research, 2 (6), -Р.1268-127
3. Kasevich, V. B. (2010). Speech perception. Philosophy of the language. Perm: Perm Scientific Centre URo RAN, 28-32.
4. Mendelsohn, D. (1994). Learning to listen: a strategy based approach for the second language learner. California: Dominie Press. –Р.149.
5. Vandergrift, L. (2009, October, 17) Listening: Theory and practice in modern foreign language competence. Retrieved from https://www.llas.ac.uk/resources/gpg/67
6. Richards, J. C. (2008). Teaching Listening and Speaking. Cambridge University Press. –Р.337.
7. Miller, G. A. & Selfridge, J. A. (1950). Verbal context and the recall of meaningful material. American Journal of Psychology, 63, -Р.176-175.
Utepbergenoba, Dina assistant teacher; Kurbaniyazova, Sarbinaz senior teacher; and Otarbaeva, Rano assistant teacher
"THE ORIES ON LISTENING COMPREHENSION IN LANGUAGE LEARNING,"
Science and Society: Vol. 2020
, Article 4.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/ndpi/vol2020/iss3/4