In this paper, we study the development of a polyhedron in the Galilean space. A development of a polyhedron is an isometric mapping of a polyhedron to a plane, in which the gluing sides are indicated. Since the motion of the Galilean space differs significantly from the motion of the Euclidean space, the development of a polyhedron of the Galilean space will also differ from the development of a polyhedron of the Euclidean space. We prove that the total angle around the vertex of the polyhedral angle is preserved in the development. We also give illustrations of the developments for a triangle and tetrahedron on the plane in the Galilean space.
1. Artykbaev A., Sokolov D.D. Geometry as a Whole in Flat spacetime. Tashkent, Fan, 179 pp. (1991). (in Russian)
2. Aleksandrov A.D. Convex polyhedra. M.-L., Gostekhizdat, 428 pp. (1950). (in Russian)
3. Werner A.L., Vasilieva M.N., Golokova O.G. Geometry of regular stellated polyhedra. St. Petersburg, Publishing house RSPU im. A.I. Herzen, 98 pp. (2018). (in Russian)
4. Aleksandrov A.D. Convex polyhedra (Selected Works: Vol.2). Novosibirsk, Science, 491 pp. (2007). (in Russian)
5. Artykbaev A. Reconstruction of convex surfaces from the external curvature in Galilean space. Mat. Sat. of Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Vol. 47, Issue 1, 195–214 (1984).
6. Jaglom I.M. The principle of relativity of Galilean and non-Euclidean geometry. M., Nauka, 394 pp. (1969). (in Russian)
7. Khachaturian A.V. Galileo's geometry. M., Ed. MTSNMO, 36 pp. (2005). (in Russian)
8. Aleksandrov A.D. Internal geometry of convex surfaces. M.-L, OGIZ, 388 pp. (1948). (in Russian)
9. Artykbaev A. Full angle around the vertex of the cone in Galilean space. Matem. Notes, Vol. 43, Issue 3, 657–661 (1988).
Artykbaev, Abdulaziz and Sobirov, Jasur
"A development of a polyhedron in the Galilean space,"
Bulletin of National University of Uzbekistan: Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Vol. 4
, Article 3.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/mns_nuu/vol4/iss1/3