The use of thermodynamic characteristics in the analysis of data on complexation makes it possible to give the obtained data a definite physical and chemical interpretation. Our studies allow us to evaluate the complex forming abilities of compounds similar in structure to the molecules studied, and will help to analyze the "structure-function". They can replenish the database on the physical and chemical properties of crown ethers, and enable the prediction of only "constructed compounds". We have developed a reliable set of procedures for conductometric analysis of complex forming, membrane active and thermodynamic properties of sulfo derivatives-DB18C6, diacyl derivatives-DB18C6, 4’,4"(5")-dimethylaminoethanol-DB18C6 and bis-o-methoxyphenoxy-diethyl ethers.
1. Bryan A.S., Daschbach M.M., Gammon S.T., Shuzhang Xiao Sarah, Chapman E., Hudson C., Suckow M., Piwnica-Worms D., Gokel G.W. and Leevy W.M. In vivo cell death mediated by synthetic ion channels. Chem. Commun., Vol. 47, Issue 28, 7977–7979 (2011).
2. Carabez A., Sondoval F. Properties of ionophores with broad range of cation selectivity. Biochim.et biophys. acta, Vol. 638, Issue 1, 125–131 (1981).
3. Gokel G.W. Lariat Ethers. In Encyclopedia of Supramolecular Chemistry, J.W.Steed and J.A.Atwood (Eds.). Marcel Dekker, 782–790 (2003).
4. Gokel G.W. Crown ethers. In Encyclopedia of Supramolecular Chemistry, J.W.Steed and J.A.Atwood (Eds.). Marcel Dekker, 326–333 (2003).
5. Gokel G.W and Saeedeh N. Synthetic Membrane Active Amphiphiles, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, Vol. 64, 784–796 (2012).
6. Gokel G.W. Cation Binding by Crown ethers. Elsevier Chemical, Molecular Sciences and Engineering Chapter. 5615, 15 (2013).
7. Gokel G.W and Negin S. Synthetic ion channels: From pores to biological applications. Acc. Chem. Res., 46(12), 2824-2833 (2013).
8. Gokel G.W and Meisel J.W. Synthetic Receptors for Alkali Metal Cations. Monographs in Supramolecular Chem. 14, 86 (2015).
9. Hiraoka M. Crown compounds, their characteristics and applications. Study in Organic Chemistry, Vol. 12, (1982).
10. Karimov Z., Talipov S.A., Ibragimov B.T., Tashmukhamedova A.K., Grebenyuk A.D., Aripov T.F. X-ray structural study of the structure of the sodium complex of 4-benzo-15-crown-5-sulfo-acid. Crystallography, Vol. 43, Issue 3, 488–486 (1998).
11. Mirkhodjaev U.Z. Membrane active crown ethers, Tashkent, University, 216 (2018).
12. Mirkhodjaev U.Z. Membrane active properties of crown ethers: ionophores and channel-formers. Abs. of XV-th Intern. Symp. on Macr. Chem., Odessa, 237 (1990).
13. Mirkhodjaev U.Z., Mamadjanov L., Sayfullina N.Zh., Tashmukhamedova A.K. Membrane activity on lipid bilayers and the complexation properties of crown ethers. Uzbek Biol. Jour., Vol. 6, 8–11 (1984).
14. Mirkhodjaev U.Z., Tarinova M.V., Kasymov M.M., Tashmuhamedova A.K. Complex-forming properties of membrane-active diacyl derivatives of dibenzo-18-crown-6. Mat. II All-Union.conf. on the chemistry of macrocycles, Odessa, 164 (1984).
15. Mirkhodjaev U.Z., Tarinova M.V., Popova V.P., Podgornaya I.V., Fedorova O.V., Tashmukhamedov B.A. Membrane active properties of N-substituted diamino-dibenzo-18-crown-6. Uzbek Biol. Jour., Vol. 3, 9–12 (1988).
16. Mirkhodjaev U.Z., Tarinova M.V., Tashmukhamedova A.K. Complex formation of diacyl derivatives of dibenzo-18-crown-6. Uzbek Biol. Well, Vol. 2, 6–8 (1986).
17. Yaryshkin O.V. Ionic conduction channels induced by sulfonic derivatives of DB18C6 in a lipid bilayer. Abstract of dissertation on the scientific article Ph.D., 20 (2004).
18. Pedersen C.J. Cyclic polyethers, their complexes with metal salts. J. Amer. Chem. Soc., Vol. 89, Issue 10, 2495–2499 (1967).
19. Pedersen C.J. New macrocyclic Polyethers. J.Amer. Chem. Soc., Vol. 92, Issue 2, 391–394 (1970).
20. Poonia N.S., Bajaj A.V. Coordination chemistry of alkali, alkaline earth cations. Chem. Rev., Vol. 79, Issue 5, 389–438 (1979).
21. Sharafutdinova U.T. Features of complexation and interaction with multilamellar layers of membrane-active crown ethers. Abstract. diss. for a job. student Art. Ph.D., Tashkent, 23 (2009).
22. Sharafutdnova U.T., Salakhutdinov B.A., Tashmukhamedova A.K., Mirkhodjaev U.Z. Studying the complexing properties of water-soluble sulfo derivatives DB18C6. Mat. XIII int. Ecological studio. conf., Novosibirsk, 97 (2008).
23. Tarinova M.V. Complexation and some biological effects of crown ethers. Abstract. diss. PhD, Tashkent, 23 (1993).
24. Tashmukhamedov B.A., Gagelgans A.I., Tashmukhamedova A.K., Mirkhodjaev U.Z., Zamaraeva M.V., Shkinev A.V., Norov Sh.K. Synthesis, membrane active properties and biological effects of crown ethers, FAN, 264 (1987).
25. Tashmukhamedova A.K. Synthesis and properties of functionalized benzocrown ethers. Diss. in the form of scientific Doc. for a job. student Art. Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Tashkent, 50 (1989).
26. Varnek A.A., Glebov A.S., Kolycheva N.V. and others. Conformational features, electronic structure and distribution of the electrostatic potential of dialkyl derivatives of dibenzo-18-crown-6. Phys. methods in coord. Chemistry: Abstract, 9-th All-union. meeting, Novosibirsk, 71 (1987).
27. Varnek A.A., Ozerova N.R., Ozerov R.P. Analysis of the process of complex formation of crown ethers based on the distribution of electrostatic potential. Tr. MHTI, 134, 77-86 (1984).
Mirkhodjaev, Ulugbek; Yarishkin, Oleg; Sharafutdinova, Umida; Toyirov, Uktam; Atamuratova, Nafisa; Tashmukhamedova, Anisa; and Tashmukhamedov, Bekdjan
"Thermodynamics of complexation and membrane activity of crown ethers,"
Bulletin of National University of Uzbekistan: Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Vol. 3
, Article 6.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/mns_nuu/vol3/iss3/6