Peculiarities of the interaction of PPE-1 anion exchange resin with phosphonic acid production based on granular polyvinyl chloride were studied. As a result of the modification, a polyampholite was obtained in terms of physicochemical properties not inferior to the industrial polyampholite APFC-45. We also investigated the sorption of copper (II), nickel (II) and indium (III) ions on a polyampholite based on granular polyvinylchloride. The dependence of static adsorption on aqueous solutions on the concentration of metal ions and the temperature of the system is established. Isotherms were constructed and found the adsorption equilibrium constants, the thermodynamic parameters of the process - isobaric - isothermal potential (ΔG), enthalpy (ΔH) and entropy (ΔS). It is shown that the investigated sorbent absorbs ions Cu (II) to a greater extent than the other ions.
1. Inamuddin, Luqman M. Ion Exchange Technology I: Theory and Materials. Springer, Netherlands, (2012).
2. Inamuddin, Luqman M. Ion Exchange Technology II: Applications. Springer, Netherlands, (2012).
3. Ivanov V.A., Gorshkov V.I. 70 years history of production of ion exchange resins. Sorption and chromatographic processes, Vol. 6, Issue 1, 5–31 (2006). [in Russian]
4. Balakin M., Silapotkina M.V., Tesler A.G., George M., Vydrina T.S. Synthesis and study of new porous structure azot fosforus containing cross-linked polymers based on acrylates. The high. Comm., Vol. 27, No. 5, 1035–1038 (1985). [in Russian]
5. Deepatana A., Valix M. Recovery of nickel and cobalt from organic acid complexes: Adsorption mechanisms of metal-organic complexes onto aminophosphonate chelating resin. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 137, Issue 2, 925–933 (2006).
6. Alexandratos S.D. Ion-exchange resins: a retrospective from industrial and engineering chemistry research. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 48, Issue 1, 388–398 (2009).
7. Ogata T., Nagayoshi K., Nagasako T., Kurihara S., Nonaka T. Synthesis of hydrogel beads having phosphinic acid groups and its adsorption ability for lanthanide ions. Reactive and Functional Polymers, Vol. 66, Issue 6, 625–633 (2006).
8. Prabhakaran D., Subramanian M.S. A new chelating sorbent for metal ion extraction under high saline conditions. Talanta. Vol. 59, Issue 6, 1227–1236 (2003).
9. Mendes F.D., Martins A.H. Selective sorption of nickel and cobalt from sulphate solutions using chelating resins. International Journal of Mineral Processing, Vol. 74, Issues 1–4, 359–371 (2004).
10. Jachula J., Kolodynska D., Hubicki Z. Sorption of Cu(II) and Ni(II) ions in presence of novel chelating agent methylglycinediacetic acid by microporous ion exchangers and sorbents from aqueous solutions. Central European Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 9, Issue 1, 52–65 (2011).
11. Kolodynska D. Chelating ion exchange resins in removal of heavy metal ions from waters and wastewaters in presence of a complexing agent. Przemysy Chemiczny, Vol. 88, 182–189 (2009).
12. Horwitz E.P., Alexandratos S.D., Gatrone R.C., Chiarizia R. Phosphonic acid based ion exchange resins. US Patent 5449462, (1995).
13. Koivula R., Lehto J., Pajo L., Gale T., Leinonen H. Purification of metal plating rinse waters with chelating ion exchangers. Hydrometallurgy, Vol. 56, Issue 1, 93–108 (2000).
14. Nesterenko P.N., Shaw M.J., Hill S.J., Jones P. Aminophosphonate-functionalized silica: A versatile chromatographic stationary phase for high performance chelation ion chromatography. Microchemical Journal, Vol. 62, Issue 1, 58–69 (1999).
15. Fortes M.B., Martins A.H., Benedetto J.S. Selektiv separation of indium by iminodiacetic acid chelating resin. Brazilian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 2, 287–292 (2007).
16. Andrzej W., Trochimczuk E., Horwitz P., Alexandratos S. Complexing Properties of Diphonix, a new Chelating Resin with Diphosphonate Ligands, Toward Ga(III) and In (III). Separation science and Technology, Vol. 29, Issue 4, 543–549 (1994).
17. Fortes M.B., Martins A.H., Benedetto J.S. Indium adsorption onto ion exchange polymeric resins. Minerals Engineering, Vol. 16, Issue 7, 659–663 (2003).
18. Tretyakov V.A. Method of producing a sorbent for the selective complexing recovery of indium. EP WO 2014021734 A1, (2014). [in Russian]
19. Alasmanov R.M. Kinetics of sorption of ions of cobalt and nickel phosphorus cation. Sorption and chromatographic processes, Vol. 10, Issue 3, 427–432 (2010). [in Russian]
20. Eshkurbonov F.B., Jalilov A.T. Study of sorption properties of the resin obtained on the basis of hydrolyzed polyacrylonitrile. Universum: Chemistry and biology, No. 3(4) (2014). [in Russian]
21. Chaitanya R.A., Hideaki K., Mikiya T. Selective removal of zinc from electroless nickel plating bath by solvent impregnated resin using 2-ethylhexylphosphonic acid mono-2-ethylhexyl ester as the extractant. Solvent Extraction and Ion Exchange, Vol. 29, Issue 3, 323–336 (2011).
22. Grachek V.I., Shunkevich A.A., Martsinkevich R.V. New nitrogen-and-phosphorus-containing fibrous ion exchangers for water treatment. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, Vol. 82, No. 1, 17–22 (2009).
23. Grachek V.I., Shunkevich A.A., Martsynkevich R.V. Synthesis and sorption properties of new fibrous nitrogen- and phosphorus-containing ion exchangers. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, Vol. 84, No. 8, 1335–1340 (2011).
24. Bekchanov D.J., Sagdiev N.J., Mukhamediev M.G. Study sorption of heavy metals nitrogen - and- phosphorus containing polyampholytes. American Journal of Polymer Science, Vol. 6, No. 2, 46–49 (2016).
25. Kiefer R., Höll W.H. Sorption of heavy metals onto selective ion-exchange resins with aminophosphonate functional groups. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 40, Issue 21, 4570–4576 (2001).
26. Pehlivan E., Altun T. Ion-exchange of Pb2+, Cu2+, Zn2+, Cd2+ and Ni2+ ions from aqueous solution by Lewatit CNP 80. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 140, Issues 1–2, 299–307 (2007).
27. Karimov M.M., Rustamov M.K., Mukhamediev M.G., Bekchanov D.J. Method for producing ion exchange resins with amino and phosphorus groups. Patent of Republic Uzbekistan IAP 0463 (2012).
28. Ameer A.A., Abdallh M.S., Ahmed A.A., Yousif E.A. Synthesis and characterization of polyvinyl chloride chemically modified by amines. Open Journal of Polymer Chemistry, Vol. 3, No. 1, 11–15 (2013).
29. Herrera F., Herrera-Viedma E., Chiclana F. Multiperson decision making based on multiplicative preference relations. European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 129, Issue 2, 372–385 (2001).
Bekchanov, Davron; Mukhamediev, Mukhtar; and Gafurova, Dilfuza
"Physico-chemical properties new nitrogen- and phosphorus containing ion exchange resine on the base of polyvinylchloride,"
Bulletin of National University of Uzbekistan: Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Vol. 2
, Article 4.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/mns_nuu/vol2/iss3/4