This article analyzes the impact of demographic factor on territorial organization of production in rural areas of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and reveals the main trends in production development. The analysis of statistical data of rural areas is given and proposals to improve the negative situation are given. More than 1306.8 thousand people live in rural areas of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, where they are concentrated in 1187 settlements, 26 urban settlements, and 11 towns of district subordination. All this testifies to the presence of large undeveloped production reserves and huge human potential. However, due to reduction of Amudarya water level, rational use of resource potential as well as improvement of welfare of rural areas becomes very difficult from year to year.
In recent years, there has been an intensive increase in negative trends affecting the health of the population under the influence of a set of environmental factors. Processes of aridization and deficit of fresh water have caused degradation of natural ecosystems of rural areas of Karakalpakstan, which was expressed in development of desertification. Our studies show that the economic efficiency of measures designed to improve the efficiency of agricultural industries should be determined by drawing up permissible criteria of impact on the natural environment on the basis of ecologization of production.
1. Ataniyazova O.A. and other Aral crisis and medical and social problems of Karakalpakstan. // -Nukus, 2001
2. Umarov EK, Khodzhaeva GA, Zholdasov A. Aral ecological crisis and features of the demographic development of rural areas of the Republic of Karakalpakstan (monograph) // Nukus, 2009.
3. Umarov E.K., Khodzhaeva G.A. On the issue of improving the territorial distribution of the population and the use of labor resources of Karakalpakstan Problems of geography, ecology and tourism in Uzbekistan. Samarkand, 1996. 156-157 p.
4. Umarov E.K., Khodzhaeva G.A. The main directions of the socio-economic development of the Republic of Kazakhstan. // Uz.R GZh akhboroti, No. 23. –T., 2003. -s. 184-187
5. Khodzhaeva G.A. Demographic situation of Karakalpakstan and its territorial differences. // Izv. GO Uzbekistan, volume-31, -T., 2008, -S.87-89.
6. Khodzhaeva G.A., Umarov E.K., Allanazarov K.Zh. Demographic factors of the territorial organization of production in the regions of the Southern Aral Sea region // Actual problems of modern science, no. 4, -M., 2003. p. 151-153
7. Adom, D., Alimov, A., & Gouthami, V. (2021). Agritourism as a preferred travelling trend in boosting rural economies in the post-COVID-19 period: Nexus between agriculture, tourism, art and culture. Journal of Migration, Culture and Society, 1(1).
Allanazarov, Keunimjay; Khodjaeva, Gulya; and Shields, Katherine
"IMPLICATIONS OF THE LINKS BETWEEN DEMOGRAPHY AND ECOLOGY FOR THE ECONOMY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KARAKALPAKSTAN,"
Karakalpak Scientific Journal: Vol. 4
, Article 5.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/karsu/vol4/iss2/5