The article analyzes the operation of the most commonly used dryers for drying sunflowers and other agricultural cereals. Based on the study of drying technology and methods, the advantages and disadvantages of dryers have been analyzed, the results of comparisons of their technical indicators have been presented in tabular form. In the form of a diagram, an analysis of foreign and domestic patent data obtained over the past 10 years for the considered drying devices was presented. The choice of the most suitable installation was carried out on the basis of the compiled analytical table. In order to improve the quality, intensity, efficiency of drying and reduce the cost of the process, recommendations have been developed for a new installation that takes into account the disadvantages of the selected dryer.
- S.A.Giner, M.C.Gely, “Sorptional Parameters of Sunflower Seeds of Use in Drying and Storage Stability Studies”, Biosyst. Eng., no. 92, pp. 217–227, 2005, DOI:10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2005.06.002.
- R.Nandha, H.Singh, K.Garg, Seema.Rani, “Therapeutic Potential of Sunflower Seeds: An Overview”, Int. J. Res. Dev. Pharm. L. Sci., no. 3, pp. 967-972, 2014.
- V.Papchenko, T.Matveeva, A.Belinska, V.Rudniev, O.Zviahintseva, N.Cherevichna, “Investigation of Anthoicians Availability in Sunflower Seed Husks”, Technology audit and production reserves., no. 4, pp. 31-34, 2017, DOI: 10.15587/2312-8372.2017.108369.
- S.Hussain, A.Ali, M.Ibrahim, M. F.Saleem, M.A.Alias Haji, A.Bukhsh, “Exogenous Application of Abscisic Acid for Drought Tolerance in Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus l.): A Review”, J. Anim. Plant Sci., no. 22, pp. 806-826, 2012.
- Yu.Tkalich, I.Tkalich, O.Тsyliuryk, S.Masliiov, “Reserves for Increasing the Yield of Sunflower Seeds in the Ukrainian Steppe”, Agr. & Fores., no. 65, pp.105-114, 2019, DOI: 10.17707/AgricultForest.65.3.09.
- C.R.M.da Rocha, V.N.Silva, S.M.Cicero, “Internal Morphology and Germination of Sunflower Seeds”, J. of Seed Sci., no. 36, pp. 48-53, 2014.
- M.A.Malik, Ch.S.Saini, “Engineering Properties of Sunﬂower Seed: Eﬀect of Dehulling and Moisture Content”, Cog. Food & Agr., no. 2, pp. 1-11, 2016.
- S.Jafari, J.Khazaei, A.Arabhosseini, J.Massah; M.H.Khoshtaghaza, “Study on Mechanical Properties of Sunflower Seeds”, El. J. of P. Ag. Un., no. 14, pp. 1-11. 2011
- M.C.Gely, E.M.Santalla, “Effect of Some Physical and Chemical Properties of Oilseeds on Drying Kinetics Parameters”, Dry. Technol., no. 18, pp. 2155-2166, 2000.
- R.Khodabakhshian, B.Emadi, M.H.Abbaspour Fard, “Some Engineering Properties of Sunflower Seed and Its Kernel”, J. of Ag. S. and Tech., no. 4, pp. 36-46, 2010.
- E.M.Santalla, R.H.Mascheroni, “Equilibrium Moisture Characteristics of High Oleic Sunflower Seeds and Sernels”, Dry. Technol., no. 21, pp. 147–163, 2003, DOI: 10.1081/DRT-120017288.
- A.K. de Figueiredo, E.Baümler, I.C.Riccobene, S.M.Nolasco, “Moisture-Dependent Engineering Properties of Sunflower Seeds with Different Structural Characteristics”, J. of Food Eng., no. 102, pp. 58–65, 2011, DOI:10.1016/j.jfoodeng. 2010.08.003.
- N.Dibagar, S.J.Kowalski, R.A.Chayjan, A.Figiel, “Accelerated Convective Drying of Sunflower Seedsby High-Power Ultrasound: Experimental Assessment and Optimization Approach”, Food and Bio. Proc., no. 123, pp 42–59, 2020, DOI:10.1016/j.fbp.2020.05.014.
- E.M.Santalla, R.H.Mascheroni, “Moisture Diffusivity in High Oleic Sunflower Seeds and Kernels”, Int. J. of Food Prop., no. 13, pp. 464–474, 2010, DOI: 10.1080/10942910802641985.
- P.C.Coradi, C.H.P.Fernandes, C.C.Peralta, T.L.L.Pereira, “Quality of Sunflower Seeds after Drying with Different Temperatures”, Spanish J. of Rural Develop., no. 4, pp. 23-32, 2014, DOI: 10.5261/2014.GEN4.03.
- P.C.Coradi, C.H.P.Fernandes, C.C.Peralta, T.L.Pereira, “Effects of Drying and Storage Conditions in the Quality of Sunﬂower Seeds”, Pesq. agropec. pernamb., pp. 1-10, 2015, DOI: 10.12661/pap.2015.005.
- W.Xu, J.Yao, Y.Yi, W.Hong-Xun, W.Li-Mei, “Effects of Storage Condition on the Physicochemical Characteristics of Sunflower Seed Oil”, RSC Adv., no. 9, pp. 42262–42271, 2019, DOI: 10.1039/c9ra09215c.
- R.Sivakumar, R.Saravanan, A.E.Perumal, S.Iniyan, “Fluidized Bed Drying of some Agro Products – A Review”, Ren. and Sust. En. Rev., no. 61, pp. 280–301, 2016, DOI:10.1016/j.rser.2016.04.014.
- H.J.Das, R.Saikia, P.Mahanta, “Effects of Spiral and Cone Angles on Drying Characteristics and Energy Consumption of Fluidized Bed Paddy Dryer”, Dry. Technol., pp. 1-13. 2020, DOI: 10.1080/07373937.2020.1832512.
- K.M.Kundu, R.Das, A.B.Datta, P.K.Chatterjee, “On the Analysis of Drying Process”, Dry Technol., no. 23, pp. 1093–1105, 2005, DOI: 10.1081/DRT-200059140.
- A.G.Kasatkin, Basic Processes and Devices of Chemical Technology. Мoscow: Alyans, 2004, (in Russian).
- V.I.Kurdyumov, A.A.Pavlushin, G.V.Karpenko, S.A.Sutyagin, Heat Treatment of Grain in Devices of Contact Type. In Contact Type Monograph. Ulyanovsk, pp. 41-43, 2013, (in Russian).
- A.B.Ospanov, A.N.Vasiliev, D.A.Budnikov, D.K.Karmanov, A.A.Vasiliev, D.Sh.Baimuratov, B.O.Toksanbaeva, D.B.Shalginbaev, Improvement of the Processes of Drying and Disinfection of Grain in an Electromagnetic Field of Ultra-High Frequency. In Ultra-High Frequency Monograph. Nur-Print: Almaty, pp. 7-13, 2017, (in Russian).
- A.Yu.Izmailov, S.A.Pavlov, V.K.Pyshkin, E.V.Zhalnin, A.A.Akopyan, “Device for Double-Flow Drying of Seeds and Grains”, RU Patent 2,732,560, September 21, 2020.
- A.V.Drannikov, O.A.Orlovtseva, N.A.Ignatenko, “Grain-Drying Unit”, RU Patent 2,651,015, April 18, 2018.
- Agricultural News. sila-zemli.com/khranenie/shakhtnye-zernosushilki.html (accessed Nov 13, 2017).
- Conveyor Grain Plant. https://asm-agro.ru/articles/shahtnaya-sushilka-kakie-u-neyo-minusy/(accessed April 14, 2020).
- Modern Production and Technology. https://itexn.com/4075_mobilnye-shahtnye-zernosushilki.html.
- Expert Business Portal. https://sdexpert.ru/news/project/dostoinstva-i-nedostatki-tipov-zernosushilok/( accessed July 29, 2019).
- Amistar Gold. https://www.pesticidy.ru/dictionary/heating grain (accessed May 30, 2013).
- Yandex Dzen. https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5e82c672bb31c2679c6e7d8e /shahtnaia-sushilka-kakie-u-nee-minusy-5ea11be298c2d801bbb1952b (accessed April 23, 2020).
- M.M.Abdyushev, ‘Grain Dryer”, RU Patent 2,727,818, July 24, 2020.
- N.M.Andrianov, M.A.Ivanov, “Method of Distribution of Gas in Pit Grain Dryer and Device for its Implementation”, RU Patent 2,538,185, January 10, 2015.
- A.V.Golubkovich, S.A.Pavlov, L.I.Belenkaya, R.A.Marin, R.A.Kovekhov, “Method of Automatic Control of the Grain Dryer and Device for its Implementation”, RU Patent 2,656,531, June 5, 2018.
- M.S.Volkhonov, S.V.Kurilov, S.A.Polozov, I.S.Zyrin, I.S.Kudrjashov, “Shaft-Type Airslide Drier”, RU Patent 2,506,508, February 10, 2014.
- V.J.Majarovskij, V.P.Kolinko, P.V.Kolinko, A.G.Svarovskij, E.V.Kursheva, M.S.Titov, “Device for Directing Gas Medium Flow in Grain Drier (Versions)”, RU Patent 2,386,093, April 10, 2010.
- A.V.Golubkovich, S.A.Pavlov, “Method and Device for Drying Loose Materials”, RU Patent 2,382,304, February 20, 2010.
- A.V.Drannikov, O.A.Orlovtseva, N.A.Ignatenko, “Grain-Drying Unit”, RU Patent 2,651,015, April 18, 2018.
- S.D.Shepelev, M.V.Zapevalov, “Grain Dryer”, RU Patent 89214, November 27, 2009.
- A.G.Sergeev, “Gas Distribution Device in Shaft Grain Dryer”, RU Patent 2,610,781, February 15, 2017.
- V.M.Dmitriev, E.A.Sergeeva, O.S.Neverova, “Energy-Saving Shaft Drier for Grain Crops”, RU Patent 2,727,521, July 22, 2020.
- G.M.Efimova, I.K.Masalimov, I.R.Rakipov, “Conveyor Dryer with IR Heating”, RU Patent 2,657,076, June 8, 2018.
- A.V.Efimov, I.Kh.Masalimov, I.R.Ganeev, V.N.Permjakov, “Conveyor Dryer of Loose Materials”, RU Patent 2,403,515, November 10, 2010.
- V.V.Kostin, “Conveyor Dryer”, RU Patent 2,650,011, April 6, 2018.
- K.K.Khankari, S.V.Pawnkar, “Performance Analysis of a Double-Deck Conveyor Dryer - a Computational Approach”, Dry. Technol., no. 17, 2055-2067, 1999, DOI:10.1080/07373939908917672.
- O.F.Lutfy, H.Selamat, S.B.Mohd Noor, “In Modelling of a Conveyor-belt Grain Dryer Utilizing a Sigmoid Network”, Proceedings of the 10th Asian Control Conference (ASCC), Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, May 31 - June 3, 2015.
- O.F.Lutfy, H.Selamat, S.B.Mohd Noor, “Intelligent Modelling and Control of a Conveyor-Belt Grain Dryer Using a Simplified Type-2 Neuro-Fuzzy Controller”, Dry.Technol., no. 33, pp. 1210-1222, 2015, DOI:10.1080/07373937.2015.1021007.
- A.S.Mujumdar, Ed. Handbook of Industrial Drying, 3th ed.; Taylor & Francis Group, LLC: Oxfordshire, UK, 2006.
- I.Goplour, M.Z.Nejad, R.A.Chayjan, A.M.Nikbakht, R.P.F.Guine, M.Dowlati, “Investigating Shrinkage and Moisture Diffusivity of Melon Seed in a Microwave Assisted Thin Layer Fluidized Bed Dryer”, J. of Food Meas. and Char., no. 11, pp. 1-11, 2017, DOI 10.1007/s11694-016-9365-5.
- R.A.Chayjan, M.Kaveh, N.Dibagar, M.Z.Nejad, “Optimization of Pistachio Nut Drying in a Fluidized Bed Dryer with Microwave Pretreatment Applying Response Surface Methodology”, Chem. Pr. and Proc. Modeling., pp. 1-15, 2017, DOI: 10.1515/cppm-2016-0048.
- M.Kaveh, R.A.Chayjan, B.Khezri, “Modeling Drying Properties of Pistachio Nuts, Squash and Cantaloupe Seeds under Fixed and Fluidized Bed Using Data-Driven Models and Artificial Neural Networks”, Inter. J. of Food Eng., pp. 1-19, 2018, DOI: 10.1515/ijfe-2017-0248.
- A.V.Golubkovich, S.A.Pavlov, “Method for Grain Drying in Fluidised Bed”, RU Patent 2,700,672, September 18, 2019.
- E.P.Koshevoy, V.S.Kosachev, S.A.Podgorny, “Rotary Fluidized Bed Dryer”, RU Patent 139937, April 27, 2014.
- A.A.Shevtsov, L.N.Frolova, A.V.Drannikov, V.N.Vasilenko, M.V.Kopylov, “Dryer for Granular Materials”, RU Patent 2,613,217, March 5, 2017.
- N.A.Ustinov, E.K.Kozhevnikova, “Fluid Bed Dryer”, RU Patent 139139, April 10, 2014.
- V.I.Atanazevich, Drying of Food Products, Moscow: DeLi, 2000, (in Russian).
- A.E.A.Paixao, S.C.S.Rocha, “Pneumatic Drying in Diluted Phase: Parametric Analysis of Tube Diameter and Mean Particle Diameter”, Dry. Technol., no. 16, pp. 1957-1970, 1998, DOI: 10.1080/07373939808917505.
- B.Satpati, Ch.Koley, S.Datta, “Nonlinear Model of Pneumatic Conveying Dryer for Economic Process Control”, Dry. Technol., no. 38, pp. 1516-1537, 2020, DOI: 10.1080/07373937.2019.1648286.
- R.Dhurandhar, J.P.Sarkar, B.Das, “The Recent Progress in Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer Studies on Pneumatic Conveying: A Review”, Heat and Mass Transfer, no. 54, pp. 2617–2634, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00231-018-2275-9.
- A.N.Chenin, “Increasing the Efficiency of Grain Drying in a Solar Drum Dryer”, Ph.D. Dissertation. Bryansk State Agrarian University, Bryansk, 2017. (in Russian).
- I.Farkas, “Integrated Use of Solar Energy for Crop Drying”, Dry. Technol., no. 31, pp. 866–871, 2013, DOI: 10.1080/07373937.2013.790410.
- S.Shanmugam, P.Kumar, A.R.Veerappan, “Evaluation of Thermal Efficiency of Oscillating-Bed Solar Dryer through Drying of Sunflower Seeds”, J. Ren. Sust. Ener., no. 3, pp. 1-9, 2011, doi:10.1063/1.3618742.
- Y.Chan, N.T.M.Dyah, A.Kamaruddin, “Solar Dryer with Pneumatic Conveyor”, Ener. Proced., no. 65, pp. 378–385, 2015, DOI: 10.1016/j.egypro.2015.01.067.
- A.M.Matouk, M.M.El-Kholy, S.A.El-Raheam, “Utilization of Solar Energy for Drying Sunflower Seed”, J. Soil Sci. and Agric. Eng., no. 4, pp. 125 – 146, 2013.
- S.B.Pawar, V.M.Pratape, “Fundamentals of Infrared Heating and its Application in Drying of Food Materials: A Review:, J. of Food Proc. Eng., pp. 1-15, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpe.12308.
- M.Nosrati, D.Zare, Ch.B.Singh, R.L.Stroshine, “New Approach in Determination of Moisture Diffusivity for Rough Rice Components in Combined Far-Infrared Drying by Finite Element Method”, Dry. Technol., no. 38, pp. 1721-1732, 2020, DOI:10.1080/07373937.2019.1658203.
- P.Sakare, N.Prasad, N.Thombare, R.Singh, S.Ch.Sharma, “Infrared Drying of Food Materials: Recent Advances”, Food Eng. Reviews., no. 12, pp. 381–398, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12393-020-09237-w.
- Drying Food Products. https://www.prosushka.ru/1882-zernosushilka-barabannaya.html.
- Grain Drying Technology and Process. https://zernosushka.ru/barabannaya-sushilka/.
- V.V.Tkach, S.A.Shevtsov, N.A.Serdyukova, “Drum Dryer”, RU Patent 2,649,379, April 02, 2018.
- A.Kh.Uteshev, “Can Dryer with Double Body and Jet Pump”, RU Patent 2 674804, December 13, 2018.
- V.G.Vokhmyanin, “Drum Type Dryer”, RU Patent 2,681,387, March 6, 2019.
- A.V.Drannikov, A.A.Shevtsov, S.V.Kutsov, A.V.Kvasov, A.R.Bubnov, “Drum Drier”, RU Patent 2,702,939, October 14, 2019.
- Y.Ying, Zh.Wu, H.Jiang, “Determination of Residence Time of Grains in Drum Dryer”, Dry.Technol., no. 17, pp. 1905-1913, 1999, DOI:10.1080/07373939908917660
- X.Wang, Sh.Luo, L.Zhang, Zh.Zhang, “Numerical Simulation of Temperature and Flow Field on Single Channel Drum Dryer”, Adv. Mat. Research., no. 422, pp. 669-672, 2012, DOI:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.422.669.
- T.Poós, M.Örvös, “Heat and Mass Transfer in Agitated, Co-, or Countercurrent Conductive–Convective Heated Drum Dryer”, Dry.Technol., no. 30, pp. 1457–1468, 2012, DOI: 10.1080/07373937.2012.689402.
- Hendra, Syukriah, M.Silalahi, A.Indriani, Hernadewita, Hermiyetti, “Finite Element Method Analysis for Manufacturing Design Drum Dryer of Rotary Dryer Machine”, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Medan City North Sumatera, Indonesia, October 16, 2018.
- I.Hamawand, and T.Yusaf, “Particles Motion in a Cascading Rotary Drum Dryer”, Can. J. Chem. Eng., no. 9999, pp. 1-15, 2013, DOI 10.1002/cjce.21845.
- S.Wangchai, “Numerical simulation of the flow of agricultural seeds inside a rotary drum dryer by DEM”, Proceedings of the 12th TSAE International Conference, Chonburi, Thailand, March 14–15, 2019.
- M.A.Delele, F.Weigler, J.Mellmann, “Advances in the Application of Rotary Dryer for Drying of Agricultural Products: A Review”, Dry. Technol., no. 33, pp. 1-63, 2015, DOI: 10.1080/07373937.2014.958498.
Mukhitdinov, Jalolitdin Pakhritdinovich and Safarov, Elyorbek Xasanovich
"REVIEWING TECHNOLOGIES AND DEVICES FOR DRYING GRAIN AND OILSEEDS,"
Chemical Technology, Control and Management: Vol. 2021
, Article 1.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/ijctcm/vol2021/iss3/1