The problems of the production of potassium hydroxide from local raw materials of Uzbekistan are considered. The methods for producing potassium hydroxide are analyzed. The rheological properties of the intermediate solutions and suspensions formed in the process of obtaining potassium hydroxide by the calcareous method have been investigated. The optimal technological parameters of the process — the content of potassium hydroxide in the liquid phase, the ratio of the solid and liquid phases and the concentration of the washing solution were established to achieve the maximum filtration rate. The effect of the amount and concentration of washing water on the filtration rate during three-time washing of the precipitate in the washing stage and the degree of washing the precipitate relative to potassium hydroxide in dry sediment were studied. A chemical analysis of the initial precipitation and precipitation after the third washing was performed in order to determine the possible transition of potassium hydroxide into them. It is proposed to use the technological scheme for obtaining potassium hydroxide with three times washing the precipitate and returning the washing water to the caustification stage.
- A.A.Kurilkin, V.M.Mukhin, S.G.Kireev, L.A.Kargaltseva, “Carbon adsorbents modified with potassium hydroxide”, Received December 24, 2009.
- A.G.Eikmeyet, R.F.Johnson, B.G.Goar, “Carbon Dioxide Removali Encyclopedia of Chemical Processing and Design eds” J.J.McKetta, W.A.Cunningham. New York; Basel: Marcel Dekker Inc., vol. 6, pp. 292-310, 1978.
- B.B.Turakulov, B.X.Kucharov, A.U.Erkayev, Z.K.Toirov, A.M.Reymov, “Improvement of potassium hydroxide production by the lime process”, Universum: technical sciences, G. Moskva no. 10(43), 2017.
- Applied electrochemistry, 3rd ed., Pererab. Ed. A.L. Rotnjana. L.: Chemistry, 1974. 536 p.
- D.Schafer, A.P.S.Kamps, B.Rumpf, G.Maurer, “Experimental investigation on the influence of boric acid on the solubility of carbon dioxide in aqueous solutions of potassium hydroxide”, Vestnik СПбГУ, Сер. 4, 2013.
- S.A.Zaretskiy, V.N.Suchkov, P.B.Jivotinskiy, “Electrochemical technology of inorganic substances and chemical current sources”, Textbook for students of technical schools, Moscow: Higher School, 1980, p. 423.
- M.Z.Kanel, E.V.Konoplev, I.A.Shesterkin, “The method of obtaining pure potassium hydroxide”, Patent 2064432 Russia. and others Publ, March 21, 2013.
- A.F.Zhukov, I.F.Kolosova, V.V.Kuznetsov, “Analytical chemistry”, “Physical and physicochemical methods of analysis”, Moskva: Chemistry, 2001, 496 p.
- Guide to practical training on the technology of inorganic substances. Ed. Pozina M.E. L.: Chemistry, 1980, 368 p.
- G.Schwarzenbach, G.Flaška, “Complexometric titration”, Moskva: Chemistry, 1970, 360 p.
- Flame phovol. etry: guidelines for laboratory work. Samara. SSTU. 2013. 13 p.
- N.S.Poluektov, “Analysis methods for flame phovol”, Moskva: Chemistry, 1967, 307 p.
- N.S.Poluektov, “Methods of analysis by flame phovol”, Moskva: Chemistry, 1967, 307 p.
- B.B.Turakulov, A.U. Erkaev, B.Kh. Kucharov, Z.K. Toirov, “The study of some physicochemical properties of potassium hydroxide solutions I International Scientific and Practical Conference "Actual problems of introducing innovative equipment and technologies at enterprises for the production of building materials, the chemical industry and related industries" May 24-25, p. 286, 2019.
- B.B.Turakulov, A.U.Erkaev, B.Kh.Kucharov, Z.K.Toirov, “The decantation of the solid phase of the suspension of the production of potassium hydroxide in a calcareous manner based on local raw materials”, International scientific and technical conference "Innovative materials and technologies 2019" Minsk, Republic of Belarus January 9-11, 2019 pp. 500-503.
Turakulov, Behzod Begmatovich; Erkayev, Aktam Ulashevich; Kucharov, Baxrom Xayrievich; Toirov, Zokir Kalandarovich; and Iskenderov, Akhmed Maksetbaevich
"Research of rheological properties and filtrability of suspension in the production of potassium hydroxide by calcareous method,"
Chemical Technology, Control and Management: Vol. 2019
, Article 3.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/ijctcm/vol2019/iss4/3