The results of the study concerning the ability of multispectral analysis to authenticate dried medicinal herbs of Uzbekistan are considered. Before obtaining the multispectral image, various medicinal plants (colored oregano grass (herbaoriganitytthianthi) and shepherd's pouch (capsellabursa-pastoris) were subjected to different drying conditions to increase the variability of the plant database and reproduce the conditions. Drying experiments were carried out in the laboratory of Tashkent state technical University. After drying, the images were collected using nineteen light-emitting diodes (405 to 1050 nm) using the Videometer Lab2 device. The image cubes were processed to extract the average spectra of the image. The results of partial discriminant least squares analysis (PLSDA) after cross-checking performed on spectral data show 100% correct classification regardless of the medicinal plant. PLSDA gave 100% correct classification. These results showed that a multispectral imaging system can authenticate medicinal plants regardless of their drying process, probably due to the specific composition of the constituent elements.
1. Müller J., Heindl A. Drying of medicinal plants. Volume 17. Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Agricultural, Commercial, Ecological, Legal, Pharmacological and Social Aspects. Pages 237-252.
2. Abdollah G.P. Effect of drying methods on qualitative ànd quantitative of the essential oil of Bakhtiari savory (Saturejabachtiarica Bunge.)A comparative study of spray-dried medicinal plant aqueous extracts. Drying performance and product quality. Chemical Engineering Research and Design. Volume 104, December 2015, P. 681-694.
3. Weiguang Yi., Hazel Y. Hazel Y. WetzsteinEffects of Drying and Extraction Conditions on the Biochemical Activity of Selected Herbs. Hort Science 46(1):70-73. 2011.
4. Müller J., Heindl A. Drying of medicinal plants. Volume 17. Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Agricultural, Commercial, Ecological, Legal, Pharmacological and Social Aspects. Pages 237-252.
5. Cuervo-Andrade S.P. and Hensel O. Stepwise drying of medicinal plants as alternative to reduce time and energy processing. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 138, Number 1. 2016 IOP Conf. Ser.:Mater. Sci. Eng. Р. 138.
6. Sasidharan S. Spray Drying investigations on medicinal plant based pharmaceutical products. Periodical polytechnica ser. Mech. Eng. vol. 98, (1994) Nos. 2-9, pp. 157-164.
7. Mahanom, H., Azizah A.H., Dzulkifly M.H. Effect of different drying methods on concentrations of several phytochemicals in herbal preparation of 8 medicinal plants leaves. Malaysion journal of nutrition. 1999 Dec;5(1):47-54.
8. Dattatreya M. Kadam L.K., Goyal R.K., Singh K.K., Manoj K.G. Thin layer convective drying of mint leaves.Indian council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, January 2011, Vol.5(2), pp. 164-170.
9. Sultanova SH.A. Razrabotka konvektivnoy sushil'noy ustanovki konteynernogo tipa prednaznachennoy dlya lekarstvenny'h rasteniy. Mejdunarodny'y nauchno-tehnicheskiy jurnal «Himicheskaya tehnologiya. Kontrol' i upravlenie». -Tashkent, 2017 №1 (73). - S.36-40.
10. Sultanova SH.A. Issledovanie profiley temperaturnogo polya processa konvektivnoy sushki rastitel'nogo sy'r'ya. // Nauchno-teoreticheskiy jurnal, «Hranenie i pererabotka sel'hozsy'r'ya». -Moskva, №8, 2017. - S. 47-50.
11. Sultanova SH.A., Safarov J.E`. Issledovanie lekarstvennogo rasteniya zizifora (ziziphora) kak ob`ekta sushki. // Universum:Tehnicheskie nauki. Moskva, 2017. №12(45). S.15-18.
12. Sultanova Sh.A., Safarov J.E. Development and Application of Drying Technologies for Medicinal Plants for Use in the Food Industry. //Austrian Journal of Technical and Natural Sciences Scientific journal №11–12 2017 (November–December). Vienna - Prague 2017. - Рр.41-43.
13. Sultanova SH.A., Safarov J.E`., Azizov U.A., Tulaganov A.A. Primenenie vodonagrevatel'noy konvektivnoy sushil'noy ustanovki pri obezvojivanii lekarstvenny'h rasteniy. Tashkent, // Farmacevticheskiy jurnal 2018 №1. S.19-22.
14. Safarov J.E., Sultanova Sh.A. Development of water-heating convective drying equipment. Internation scientific conference. Gabrovo, 2017. Volume III. - p.89-90.
Abderrahmane, Ait Kaddour; Safarov, Zhasur Esirgapovich; and Sultanova, Shakhnoza Abduvakhitovna
"Authentication of medical herbals by multispectral analysis,"
Chemical Technology, Control and Management: Vol. 2019
, Article 2.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/ijctcm/vol2019/iss1/2