This paper proves that the use of conventional diagnostic methods of rotor crack and local demagnetization based on the harmonic analysis of the output voltage or back-electromotive force is effective only with a certain ratio of the number of slots and poles. This statement was proved experimentally. The diagnostic method of the rotor cracks and local demagnetization which is universal for all types of windings and the number of slots of 2-pole synchronous electric machines with permanent magnets is proposed. The mathematical apparatus for the implementation of the proposed method is developed and is verified with the help of FEM and experimental studies. All the experimental studies have been carried out for various rotor magnetic systems and a different number of stator slots.
1. A.Borisavljevic, H.Polinder, J.Ferreira, “On the Speed Limits of PermanentMagnet Machines”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 220-227, 2010.
2. E.Ganev, “Selecting the Best Electric Machines for Electrical Power Generation Systems: High performance solutions for aerospace More electric architectures”, IEEE Electrification Magazine, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 13-22, Dec. 2014.
3. K.Liu, Z.Q.Zhu, “Online Estimation of Rotor Flux Linkage and Voltage Source Inverter Nonlinearity in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine Drives”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 418-427, Jan. 2014.
4. G.Vinson, M.Combacau, T.Prado, P.Ribot, “Permanent Magnets Synchronous Machines Fault Detection and Identification”, IECON 2012 38th Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 3925-3930, Oct. 2012.
5. A.Borisavljeviс, “Limits, Modeling and Design of High Speed Permanent Magnet Machines”, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, p. 218, 2013.
6. N.Uzhegov, E.Kurvinen, J.Nerg, J.T.Sopanen, S.Shirinskii, “Multidisciplinary Design Process of a 6Slot 2Pole HighSpeed PermanentMagnet Synchronous Machine”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 2, Feb. 2016.
7. K.Liu, Z.Q.Zhu, D.A.Stone, “Parameter Estimation for Condition Monitoring of PMSM Stator Winding and Rotor Permanent Magnets,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 5902-5913, Dec. 2013.
8. M.A.Jabbar, J.Dong, Z.Liu, “Determination of machine parameters for internal permanent magnet synchronous motors”, Second International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, vol. 2, pp. 805-810, 2004.
9. S.Underwood, I.Husain, “Online Parameter Estimation and Adaptive Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 24-35, 24-43, Jul. 2010,
10. J.C.Uresty, J.R.Riba, L.Romeral, “A Backemf Based Method to Detect Magnet Failures in PMSMs”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 591-598, Jan. 2013.
11. F.R.Ismagilov, V.Y.Vavilov, A.H.Miniyarov, A.M.Veselov, V.V.Ayguzina, “Design, optimization and initial testing of a highspeed 5kw permanent magnet generator for aerospace application”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, vol. 79, pp. 225-240, 2017.
12. A.N.Ledovsky, “Electric Machines with High Coercivity Permanent Magnets”, Moscow, Energoavol. izdat, p. 169, 1985.
Ismagilov, F.R; Vavilov, V.Ye; and Ayguzina, V.V
"Method for diagnostic of permanent-magnet electrical machines.,"
Chemical Technology, Control and Management: Vol. 2018
, Article 25.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/ijctcm/vol2018/iss3/25