Facility location problems are long-term decision making problems for selection best geographical location to begin the operations of a new facility or for expansion of existing facilities. These are strategic investment decision including many factors that may be inconsistent in nature. To solve this problems, some alternatives based on different criteria’s need to be selected. To make a decision on such fuzzy problems, fuzzy multiple criteria decision making can be applied. In this paper, fuzzy multiple criteria decision making with TOPSIS and weighted product (WP) methods is used to select the best location of company facility. The results of solving represent that TOPSIS and Weighted Product fuzzy multiple criteria decision making methods can be used to select the most suitable place for new facility or for expansion of existing facilities.
1. C.L.Hwang, K.Yoon, “Multiple Attributes Decision Making Methods and Applications”, Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, 1981.
2. S.Opricovick, G.H.Tzeng, “Compromise Solution by MCDM Methods”, A Comparative Analysis of VIKOR and TOPSIS. European Journal of Operational Research, 156 pp. 445-455, 2004.
3. Y.M.Wang, Elhag, T.M.S.: Fuzzy TOPSIS Method Based on Alpha Level Sets with an Application to Bridge Risk Assessment. Expert Systems with Applications, 2006, 31, pp. 309-319
4. A.I.Olcer, A.Y.Odabasi, “A new fuzzy multiple attributive group decision making methodology and its application to population maneuvering system selection problem. European Journal of Operational Research, 166, pp.93-114, 2005.
5. C.T.Chen, “Extension of the TOPSIS for Group Decision Making Under Fuzzy Environment”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 114, pp.1-9, 2000, Zadeh, L.A. Fuzzy Sets, Information and Control, 8, pp. 338-353, 1965.
"Facility location problem by using fuzzy topsis method.,"
Chemical Technology, Control and Management: Vol. 2018
, Article 13.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/ijctcm/vol2018/iss3/13