The scientific heritage of Alikhantura Saguni (1885-1976) is of two types: works by the scholar himself and translated works. The article describes the translated works of the scholar, including “The History of Bukhara or Mawarannahr” by Herman Vamberi, “Musical Treatise” by Darvesh Ali Changi, “Navadir al-Waqai” by Ahmad Danish, “Tuzuks” by Amir Timur, the history of their writing, their content and specificity, as well as a preliminary analysis. Alikhantura Saguni’s personality is known to all through his political activities. However, his scientific heritage has not yet been adequately studied. For example, even though his works “The Sorrows of Turkestan” and “History of Muhammad” have been published several times, they have not been studied in detail, such as the political, educational, and religious environment, sources, and current state of affairs. If we talk about the translated works described and analyzed in this article, they are among the masterpieces in their field. For example, Amir Timur’s Tuzuks was written in Turkish, but today only Persian copies are preserved, which is considered unique in its field. The issue of the seven types of notes mentioned in Changi’s Musical Treatise shows how valuable this work is in music. However, in Europe, only one record is known. Another historical source translated into Uzbek by Saguni is “History of Bukhara or Mawarannahr” by Herman Vamberi, a Hungarian known for travelle knowledge of Oriental languages. This work is of specific importance. It covers the history of Central Asia from the earliest times to the second half of the XIX century. It relies on many primary sources. Ahmad Danish’s “Navadir al-Waqa’i” on the history of the Bukhara Emirate is another discovery by Saguni. The translator himself spoke in detail about the importance of this work in the introduction to the book. All the works translated by Alikhantora Saguni are of great importance with their unique information.
- Emir Timur . (2004, 2010). Temur’un günlüğü / Tüzükat-ı Timur . İstanbul: İnsan yayınları.
- Shokirova, F. (2017). Türkistan aydınlarından Alihan Töre (1885-1976): hayatı, faaliyetleri ve fikirleri . İstanbul.
- Vambery, A. (1872). Geschichte Bucharas oder Transoxaniens (Vols. I-II). Stuttgart: Hansebooks.
- Vambery, A. (1872). History of Bokhara from the earliest period down to the present. London: Henry S. King & Co.
- Ahmedov B. (2001). O‘zbekiston tarixi manbalari (qadimgi zamon va o‘rta asrlar). Toshkent: O‘qituvchi.
- Vamberi, H. (1990). Buxoro yosh Movarounnahr tarixi. (T. Qahhor, Trans.) Toshkent: Gʻafur Gʻulom nomidagi adabiyot va sanʼat nashriyoti.
- Donish, A. (2021). Navodir al-vaqoe. (A. S. Hamroev, Trans.) Tashkent-Istanbul.
- Lohuriy, A. (1866-1872). Podshohnoma. (M. K. Abdurahim, Tahr.) Kalkutta.
- Rahmon, R. (1992). Alixonto‘ra Sog‘uniy. Qishloq haqiqati(1).
- Sog‘uniy, A. (2004). Shifo al-ilal. Toshkent: Movarounnahr.
- Sog‘uniy, A. (2020). Tarixi Muhammadiy. Toshkent: Gʻofur Gʻulom nashriyot-matbaa ijodiy uyi.
- Kalandarova, D. U. (2020). Religion and social identity analysis in virtual space. ACADEMICIA: An International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, 10(10), 1164-1168.
- Temur, A. (1967). Temur tuzuklari. Guliston(1).
- Temur, A. (2020). Temur tuzuklari. (A. S. Karamatov, Trans.) Toshkent: Ilm-ziyo-zakovat.
- Xo‘jamberdiev, Y. (2018). Sog‘uniy: Uch kitobdan iborat Manoqib. Toshkent: Sharq.
- Shokirov, Q. (1992). Ikki Turkiston gururi. Sharq yulduzi(7), 3.
- Sog‘uniy, A. (1945). Uyg‘onayli, uyg‘onish davri kaldi. “Xalq ovozi” gazeti.
- Al-Omuli, Muhammad ibn Mahmud. (No history). Nafais al-funun fi arais al-uyun. O‘zR FA SHI, № 2730/III.
- Emin Bug‘ro, Muhammad. (1940). Sharqiy Turkiston torixi. Kobul.
- Sog‘uniy, Alixanto‘ra. (2007). Turkiston qayg‘usi. Myunxen, Germaniya: Dunyo Uyg‘ur Qurultoyi.
"TRANSLATED WORKS BY ALIHANTURA SAGUNI: GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PRIMARY ANALYSIS,"
The Light of Islam: Vol. 2021:
4, Article 9.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/vol2021/iss4/9