Among the collections of hadiths, the work of Imam al-Bukhari “Sahih al-Bukhari” is recognized as the most reliable book of hadiths. From the history of the creation of the work, it is known that Imam al-Bukhari created this work with great patience and perseverance for 16 years. It should be noted that the ideal and perfect state in which it has come down to our days is the result of the enormous work put into it. This process consisted of several stages. At the frst stage, several storytellers listened to “Sahih” from Imam Bukhari himself and wrote the book directly in the presence of the Imam. The storytellers, in turn, were copied by their students. Gradually, various manuscripts of the work became widespread in Muslim countries. With the further distribution of copies, diﬀerences began to appear between them. In this regard, an important task was to generalize all copies of the manuscript, identify the diﬀerences between them, and compile the most reliable text of the work. Among those who tried to carry out this noble work was Sharafddin al-Yunini (d. 701/1302). By comparing his various narratives, he created the most authentic text, Sahih al-Bukhari, known to date. As a result of his diligence and great eﬀorts in the feld of science, the alYunini’s version became the main text of Sahih al-Bukhari. In 1893, Sultan Abdulhamid Khan (d. 701/1302). issued a decree on the publication of Sahih Bukhari based on a copy of al-Yunini. The fact that this edition was produced by al-Azhar’s team of 16 scholars in the largest printing house of the time, Bulaq Amiriya, is in recognition of the great interest in al-Yunini’s work and creativity. This article discusses issues related to the creation of the frst copies of Sahih al-Bukhari, the research work of alYunini, and the publication of the work in the printing house Bulak-Amiriya. At the beginning of the article, information is given about the narrators who transmitted Sahih al-Bukhari directly from Imam al-Bukhari. It then discusses the spread of the work in the Islamic world, the appearance of various copies, and the diﬀerences between them. The main part of the article is devoted to the cal-Yunini’s version of Sahih al-Bukhari, the most reliable manuscript, and the history of its writing. At the end of the article, the publication of Sahih al-Bukhari in Egypt is described in detail based on the Greek version during the reign of Sultan Abdulhamid II.
- Imam Bukhari. Sahihul Bukhari. – Cairo: Bulak-Amiriya, 1895. Volume 9.
- Altin silsila. Sahihul Bukhari. – Tashkent: Hilol Nashr, 2016.
- Taqiyyuddin Nadwi. Introduction to al-jame’ al-Sahih al-khashiya al-muhaddith al-Saharanfuri. – Muzaﬀarpur (India): Sheikh Abul Hassan Nadwi Center, 2011.
- Arafat Aydın. New Finds on Sahih-i Bukhari Copies II: Es-Sagâni Copies and Writings in Turkish Libraries. Hadith Tetkikleri Magazine 1-son– Istanbul, 2016.
- Ali Albayrak. Mehmed Zihni Efendi Example Tashihi Sahih-i Buhari Press. - Marmara University Faculty of Theology Magazine (Volume 54) - Istanbul, 2018.
- Encyclopedia of the Turkish Religious Foundation. Volume 43 - Istanbul, 2013.
- Fuad Sezgin. Tarikh at-turas al-arabi. – Riyadh: Jamia al-Malik as-Saud. 1980. - Volume 1.
- Abdulhay Kattani. Fihristul-faharis. - Beirut: Dar alGharb al-Islami. 1982. - Volume 1.
- Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Musnad, I-VI. - Istanbul: Çağrı Yayınları, 1992.
- Turaev, Numonjon. “Imam Bukhari’s Method Of Jarh (On The Example Of The Terms «Munkar Al-Hadith» And «Matruk Al-Hadith» In The «Al-Tarikh Al-Kabir». The Light of Islam: Vol. 2019 : Iss. 4 , Article 5. Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/vol2019/iss4/5
- Arafat Aydin, Ali Albayrak. “Sahîh-i Buhârî Nüshalarına Dair Yeni Bulgular: Journal of Islamic Studies. 2016, sy. 35, p. 1-39.
- Arafat Aydin. Saghani’s Sahih Buhari Copy and Writings in Turkish Libraries Expertise Thesis, al-Basri, Abdullah b. Salim. Dorur Rakim, 2011.
- Yunini copy (Basri copy). Konya Yusuf Ağa Yazma Eser Kütüphanesi, nr. 5555.
- Sahih al-Bukhari (Mehmed Zihni Publishing House). I-VIII - Istanbul: Çağrı Yayınları, 1992.
- Turaev, Numonjon. “Imam Bukhari’s Method Of Using The Terms Related To The Continuity And Discontinuity Of The Chain Of Transmitters Of Hadith (On The Example Of The Book “Al-Tarikh Al-Kabir”)”. The Light of Islam: Vol. 2020 : Iss. 1 , Article 7. Available at: https:// uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/vol2020/iss1/7
- Juma Fathi Abdulhalim. Rivâyâtü’l-Câmi‘i’s-sahîh ve nüsehuhû. Egypt / Qatar: Dorul Faloh, 2013.
- Ermish Hamza. Mehmed Zihni Efendi - His Life, Works and Place in Arabic Teaching. - Istanbul: ISAM, 2011.
- Muhammad Futuh Humaydi. Al-jam’ bayna-s-sahihayn (ed. Ali Husayn Bavvab). I-IV. - Beirut: Doru Ibn Hazm. 1998.
- Ibn Hajar Askalani. Fathul Bari commentary on Sahih al-Bukhari. I-XIII. - Beirut: Doru ihya at-turas al-arabi. 1982.
- Muratov, Doniyor Mr. “The Role On The Companions In The Science Of Hadith”. The Light of Islam: Vol. 2019 : Iss. 4 , Article 2. Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/ iiau/vol2019/iss4/2
- Ibnul Mabrid. Al-Ikhtilaf bayna ruwatil Bukhari. - Riyadh: Dorul Vatan. 1999.
- Qazi Iyaz. Mashariqul anwar, I-III. - Damascus: Dorul Kalom. 2012.
- Castaloni. Irshadus sari commentary on Sahihil Bukhari, I-X. - Beirut: Doru ihya at-turas al-arabi.
- Özsöy, Abdulvahap. Buhârî Nüshaları ve Nüsha Farklılıklarının Mahiyeti Üzerine. Kayseri: Fenomen Yayıncılık, 2016.
- Özshenel Mehmet. Sahih Bukhari Publications: Sehârenpûrî Publication and II. Comparison of Abdulhamid Neshri. Turkish Studies Literary Magazine, 2013, XI, sy. 21, p. 454-484.
- Raziyuddin Saghani. Copy of Sahih Bukhari. Sulaymaniyah Library of Written Works, Damad Ibrahim, nr. 266-269.
- Yashar Kandemir. el-Câmius-Sahîh, DIA, VII. - Istanbul. 1993
- Fuad Sezgin. Sources of Bukhari. - Ankara: Special Printing. 2001
Kholmuminov, Feruz and Sotvoldiev, Oybek
"YUNINI COPY OF SAHIH AL-BUKHARI,"
The Light of Islam: Vol. 2020
, Article 3.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/vol2020/iss4/3