The main purpose of the article is to provide information about the real estate provided to mosques and madrasas, sums of money, vaqf’s documents for land signed by officials and representatives of various segments of the population in Turkestan, including Bukhara, Samarkand, Khiva, Tashkent. It is known that the proceeds from waqfs were used for the repair, restoration and maintenance of mosques and madrassas, payments of monthly wages to muezzins and imams, as well as scholarships for madrasah students.
Article style analysis: historical and comparative analysis.
Results. Now the archives contain thousands of waqf’s letters signed in the late 19th - early 20th centuries. As a result of studying these waqf’s letters, you can get detailed information about how many donations were made to a particular mosque or madrassah, who made them, where and by whom it was signed.
Referring to various historical documents, we are convinced that with the arrival of Islam in Central Asia, lands, a caravanserai, shops, baths, mills and other profitable real estate, as well as money and books were invested as waqf. In the first centuries of the spread of Islam on the territory of present-day Namangan region, slaves, livestocks and tools were given as waqfs, which were an integral part of agriculture. Later they dropped out of the use of waqfs. In Fergana, and later in the Kokand Khanate, the khans did not use the profit from the waqf lands, but the land tax (hiraj and tanop).
Conclusion. In general, attention was paid to the statistics of Islamic architectural monuments and waqf’s property, general aspects of the activity of waqf farms, and analysis of historical documents concerning waqfs.
As in all times, our people were generous and generous. Despite the fact that the structures of mosques and madrasahs, built at the expense of these waqfs, partly did not allow them to turn into a heap of dust.
- Abdulaziz Mansur. (2004) Qur`oni Karim ma`nolarining tarzhima va tafsiri.– Toshkent. – B. 33. (in Uzb.)
- Bekmirzaev, I. (2014). Hanaf Legal Documents in Transoxiana. The Advanced Science Journal, 5, 55-58.
- Bekmirzaev, I. (2020). Subject: qādī’s dīwān activities in islam (the 10th-13th centuries. The Light of Islam, 2020(2), 98-109.
- Bekmirzaev, I. (2014). Model documents and collection of formulas tradition in the classic Sunni Islam. In (No. 22, pp. 120-126). Vedecko vydavatelske centrum Sociosfera-CZ sro.
- Bekmirzaev, I. (2015). Osobennosti deloproizvodstva v uchrezhdeniyah kazi Maveraunnahra. Sociosfera, (2), 18-20. (In Russ.)
- Burhoniddin Marg`inoniy. (1994) Hidoya. – T. (in Uzb.)
- Van den Berg L. V. H. (1882) Osnovnye nachala musul’manskogo prava, soglasno ucheniju imamov Abu Hanify i Shafi. - SPb. – S. 92-93. (In Russ.)
- Islom. Enciklopediya. (2017) – T..: O`zbekiston millij enciklopediyasi,– B. 122. (in Uzb.)
- Zubair A.M. (2012) The Classical Islamic Law of Waqf: A Concise Introduction // Arab Law Quarterly 26– P. 130.
- Ziynatullayev, Ziyodilla (2020) The social-political situation in Central Asia on the eve of the advent of Islam, The Light of Islam: Vol. 2020 : Iss. 2 , Article 21. Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/vol2020/ iss2/21
- Kuran T. (2001) The Provision of Public Goods under Islamic Law: Origins, Impact, and Limitations of the Waqf System // Law & Society Review, Vol. 35, No. 4– P. 853.
- Layish A. (2008) Waqfs of Awlād al-Nās in Aleppo in the Late Mamlūk Period as Reﬂected in a Family Archive // Journal of the Economic and Social History of the Orient, Vol. 51, No. 2– P. 306-307.
- Muhtasar (1994) (Shariat qonunlariga qisqacha sharh). – T. (in Uzb.)
- Мухамедов Н.А.(2014) Idei tolerantnosti I gumanizma v deyatelnosti uchonix sufev oazisa Tashkent. The culture of tolerance in the context of globalization: methodology of research, reality and prospect http:// sociosphera.com/ fles/conference/2014/k-05_13_14. pdf#page=54-57 (in Russ).
- Muhamedov N. (2015) Keﬀal Şaşî’nin Diplomatik Faaliyeti. Marmara Türkiyat Araştırmaları Dergisi 2 (2), 119-126. https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/ article-fle/282071.
- Matibaeva, Raziya (2019) “Sacralization and traditionalization of personality Abu Khanifa in Mavarannahr,” The Light of Islam: Vol. 2019 : Iss. 4, Article 3. Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/ vol2019/iss4/3
- Mukhamedov N., Turambetov N. (2020) Memorial complex of the Sultan Uwais Baba – one of cult historical centers in Central Asia // ACADEMICIA : An International Multidisciplinary Research Journal (Double Blind Refereed & Reviewed International Journal) Vol. 10 Issue 6, June 2020 Impact Factor: SJIF 2020 = 7.13 http://www.saarj.com
- NGA RUz. F. 2909. Op.1., d.1. (1900) Zapiska o polozhenii vakufnogo dela v Turkestanskom krae do i posle ego zavoevaniya. – Tashkent: Tipografya shtaba Turkestanskogo kraya. – S. 2. (in Russ).
- Sadriddin Ayniy. (1960) Vospominaniya. Perevod s tadzhikskogo Anny Rozenfel’d –M.-L.: Akademiya nauk SSSR. – S. 216. (in Russ.)
- Reichmuth P. (2010) “Lost in the Revolution”: Bukharan waqf and Testimony Documents from the Early Soviet Period // Die Welt des Islam. 50. – P. 365.
- Tornau. (1850) Izlozhenie nachala musul’manskogo zakonovedeniya SPb.: Tip. 2 Otd. sobstv. e.i.v. kanceljarii, - 621 s. – S. 314. (in Russ.).
- Toxtiev, Shuhrat Mr (2020) “Social and cultural life of the shiite communities of Central Asia in the XX-early XXI centuries,” The Light of Islam: Vol. 2020: Iss. 2, Article 12. Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/ vol2020/iss2/12
- Hidaya: Kommentarii musul’manskogo prava. (1893) Perevod s angliyskogo. T. 1 / Per. pod red.: N.I. Grodekov. – Tashkent: Tipo-lit. S.I. Lahtina. – 535 s. – S. 143. (in Russ.).
- Fuzailova, Gavhar (2020) “Eastern thinkers on the pedagogical mastery,” The Light of Islam: Vol. 2020 : Iss. 2 , Article 19. Available at: https://uzjournals.edu. uz/iiau/vol2020/iss2/19
- Shayhova A. (1986) Dokumenty ob arende vakufnyh zemel’ v Hivinskom hanstve XIX – nachala XX veka // Obshhestvennye nauki v Uzbekistane. №1. – S. 48. (in Russ.).
- Shayhova A. (2015) Pravovaya i fskal’naya dinamika zemlevladeniya v Horezme (XIX - nachalo XX v.), Vostok- ORIENS, 4: 32-46. (in Russ.).
- Sultonov, Asliddin (2019) “The new philosophical paradigm of cultural development,” The Light of Islam: Vol. 2019: Iss. 4, Article 25. Available at: https:// uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/vol2019/iss4/25
- Khatamov Tokhir Abdumutalovich. Public education in uzbekistan history of formation and development. International Journal of Social Science And Human Research ISSN(print): 2644-0679, ISSN(online): 2644- 0695 Volume 03 Issue 07 July 2020 Page: 72-75. http:// ijsshr.in/v3i7/2.php
- Qureshi M.A. (1990) Waqfs in India… A Study of Administrative and Legislative Control. – New Delhi. – P. 4.
- Yakubov Q.H. (2018) XIX asrning II yarmi – XX asr boshida Hiva honligida vaqf instituti (tarihiymanbashunoslik tahlili). Tarih fanlari bo`yicha falsafa doktori (PhD) ilmiy darazhasini olish uchun yozilgan dissertaciya. – T. (in Uzb.)
- Yovkochev, S. (2012). Role of traditions in the religious education in Uzbekistan. Himalayan and Central Asian Studies, 16(3/4), 24.
- Yovkoshev, Sh. (2018). Islam in Uzbekistan: the history and modernity. The Light of Islam, 2018 (1), 2.
- O`zR MDA. F. I-126, 1-ro`yhat, 1995-yig`ma jild, 1-7- hujjatlar. (in Uzb.)
- O`zR MDA. I-323 Fondi, 1-yig`ma jild, 2-3, 28, 58, 69, 73, 1151, 1326, 1429-hujjat. (in Uzb. )
"ROLE OF WAQF PROPERTIES IN THE HISTORY OF TURKESTAN,"
The Light of Islam: Vol. 2020
, Article 7.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/iiau/vol2020/iss3/7