Aims & Scope
The area of focus shall be concepts in basic pharmaceutical science and such topics as chemical processing of pharmaceuticals, including extraction, synthesis, crystallization, lyophilization, creation of drug forms, stability of drugs, pharmacokinetics, biopharmaceutics, pharmacodynamics, pro-drug developments, metabolic disposition of bioactive agents, dosage form design, protein-peptide chemistry and biotechnology specifically as these relate to pharmaceutical industrial technology, targeted drug action and delivery.
- Pharmacy organizing
- Medicinal plants
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical technology
4 issues per year
Free access policy
This journal provides direct open access to its content, based on the following principle: free open access to research results contributes to an increase in global knowledge sharing. Archiving
- State Library of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Fundamental Library of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Scientific Libraries of the Research Institutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- National Electronic Information Consortium
- Information resource center of the Tashkent Pharmaceutical Institute
All scientific articles submitted to the editorial office of the "Journal of Problems and Perspectives in Pharmaceutics and Drug Discovery" undergo mandatory double-blind reviewing (the reviewer does not know the authors of the manuscript, the authors of the manuscript do not know the reviewers).
- Articles are reviewed by members of the editorial board and the editorial board, as well as invited reviewers - leading experts in the relevant field of pharmacy and pharmaceutics. The decision on the choice of a reviewer for the examination of the article is made by the editor-in-chief, scientific editor. The review period is 2-4 weeks, but at the request of the reviewer it can be extended.
- Each reviewer has the right to refuse to review if there is a clear conflict of interest, which is reflected in the perception and interpretation of the manuscript materials. Following the review of the manuscript, the reviewer makes recommendations on the further fate of the article (each decision of the reviewer is justified): - article is recommended for publication in this form; - the article is recommended for publication after correcting the deficiencies noted by the reviewer; - the article needs additional review by another specialist; - article can not be published in the journal.
- If the review contains recommendations for correcting and finalizing the article, the editorial staff sends the author the text of the review with a proposal to take them into account when preparing a new version of the article or reasonably (partially or completely) to refuse them. Revision of the article should not take more than 2 months from the moment of sending an e-mail to the authors about the need for making changes. The article, revised by the author, is resubmitted for review.
- If the review contains recommendations for correcting and finalizing the article, the editorial board sends the author the text of the review with a proposal to take them into account when preparing the new version of the article or reasonably (partially or completely) to refute them. Revision of the article should not take more than 2 months from the moment of sending an e-mail to the authors about the need for making changes. The article, revised by the author, is resubmitted for review.
- In case of refusal of the authors to revise the materials, they must notify the editors in writing or orally of their refusal to publish the article. If the authors do not return the revised version after 3 months from the day of the review, even in the absence of information from the authors with refusal to finalize the article, the editors remove it from the register. In such situations, an appropriate notification is sent to the authors about the removal of the manuscript from registration due to the expiration of the deadline for revision.
- If the author and reviewers have insoluble contradictions regarding the manuscript, the editorial board has the right to send the manuscript for additional reviewing. In conflict situations, the decision is made by the chief editor at a meeting of the editorial board.
- The decision to refuse to publish the manuscript is taken at the meeting of the editorial board in accordance with the recommendations of the reviewers. The article, not recommended by the decision of the editorial board for publication, is not accepted for reconsideration. The message about the refusal to publish is sent to the author by e-mail.
- After the editorial board makes a decision on admission of an article to publication, the editorial board informs the author and specifies the publication date.
- The presence of a positive review is not sufficient reason to publish an article. The final decision on the publication is made by the editorial board. In conflict situations, the decision is made by the chief editor.
- The editorial board sends copies of reviews to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan upon receipt of the relevant request by the editor.