Introduction. In the article, the universal glorification of pedagogical ideas in the works of prominent enlightener, pedagogue-scientist Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi has become the object of research and analysis. It is stressed that Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi opened a new era in the development of the history of pedagogical thought. Because Mevlana was one of the main figures of the social-pedagogical movement from the beginning of the XIII century, he seriously fought for the solution of important pedagogical issues of his time on a democratic basis. As can be seen from the article, the study of the pedagogical heritage of Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi is useful not only from a historical point of view but also for the modern stage of development of our time because his views on upbringing are of special importance in educating the younger generation in the spirit of noble moral qualities in independent life. In this sense, the life of Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi, a humanist, benevolent, sincere, peace-loving, truth-loving, thoughtful pedagogue, prominent public and cultural figure, is a clear example for young people. The article defines the essence, components, means, and methods of the upbringing process in the works of Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi and the attitude of the author; analyzes Mevlana’s moral and educational ideas and activities from the scientific and pedagogical point of view; highlights the significance of the pedagogical ideas and views of Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi for the modern period; learns the peculiarities of moral education within the pedagogical system; At least in part, examines and analyzes the essence, components, means and methods of the educational process in the works of Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi based on the scientific principles of pedagogy. Research method. A historical comparison method. Result. Based on the legacy of his predecessors, Rumi continued the classical moral traditions. Dicussion. The purpose of the article is to convey Rumi’s thoughts in the field of education to the pedagogical community. Conculision. Rumi’s views, which have a special place in the history of the development of pedagogy are important in modern education. His thoughts have a great impact on the upbringing of the younger generation today.
1. Stories from Mevlana and Shams that warm your heart. Istanbul: Yakomoz book, 2014, 336 pages.
2. Ibrahimova I. Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi's “Masnavi-ye manavi” is one of the main sources of Islamic Sufism. Baku: Nafta-Press, 2005, 178 p.
3. Rumi M.J. Masnavi. In three volumes. Volume I (books I and II). Nakhchivan: Ajami Publishing and Printing Association, 2012, 504 p.
4. Jamalov K. Imam Ali’s views on science and education. Baku: ADPU publication, 2009, 82 p.
5. Rumi M.J. Masnavi. In three volumes. Volume I (books I and II). Nakhchivan: Ajami Publishing and Printing Association, 2012, 504 p.
6. Rumi M.J. (Translated by Safar Hokmali oglu Shirinov). Masnavi Masnavi. Baku: 2007, 351 p.
7. Akhundov M.F. Fiction and philosophical works. Baku: Writer, 1987, 368 p.
8. Rumi. M.J. Ankara: Publications of the Ministry of Culture, 2000, 594 p.
9. Rumi M.J. Masnavi (Turkish Prof. Dr. Adnan Karaismayiloglu). Ankara: Akçağ Publications, 2007, 911 p.
10. Abbasov A.N. Pedagogy. Baku: Mutarjim, 2010, 360 p.
11. Rumi M.J. Masnavi. In three volumes. Volume II. Nakhchivan: Ajami, 2012, 612 p.
12. From hearts to hearts Movlana. Baku: Khazar, 2007, 65 p.
13. Rumi J. The propeller of love (Translated by Mukhtar Jafarov). Baku: Nurlar, 2013, 264 p.
"UNIVERSAL IDEAS IN THE PEDAGOGICAL ACCOUNTS
OF MEVLANA JALALUDDIN RUMI,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 20.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss56/20