Background. This article discusses the thematic types of Uzbek folk legends and myths and their reflection in translation. The names of the genres of myths and legends, their artistic compositional features, scientific and theoretical views on the development and evolution of the genre are described. Successes and shortcomings in the translation of myths and legends in Uzbek and English are substantiated by sufficient evidence. In myths, motifs and images interpreted on the basis of primitive religious-mythological views of ancient people, such as animistic, totemistic, shamanistic, fetishistic, magical, attract attention with their "planetary" migration. It is reported that some mythical motifs and images were later incorporated into fairy tales and epics. Marilyn Petersen's book "Treasury of Uzbek Legends and Lore" contains translations of more than 20 Uzbek folk tales. The article provides feedback on these. Research methods and materials. Among the legends translated from Uzbek to English so far, there are more translations of toponymical and historical legends. Because abroad, people are especially interested in the geographical location of our country, the nature of paradise, the bravery and courage of our brave and courageous ancestors. It should be noted that legends are created in a simple and concise form, such as myths, legends, narrations, in a short and concise volume. It is observed that not only their content, but also their simple and concise form made it convenient for translators and led to the translation of many samples. Because the shorter the text, the easier it is to understand and translate. Results and discussions. Legends, like legends, are one of the most ancient, traditional and widespread genres of Uzbek folklore. They also serve the purpose of informing the listener about any information. In that sense, they are like legends. Again, they stand close to the legends even with the simple and straightforward construction of the plot. Only they do not have an interpretation of unusual, supernatural events. Also, the events described in the legends take place within a historically specific time frame. Conclusion. So, like other phenomena, folklore samples have their own typological features, roots of historical origin. In particular, among them are works in the genre of myths and legends, formed on the basis of real events in the history of the nation, the events of life. After all, they are characterized by the encounter of real images, vitality and history. Therefore, the artistic-aesthetic and educational significance of such folklore samples is high.
1. Imomov K. O'zbek xalq prozasi. - T.: Fan, 1981.
2. Koshg'ariy M. Devon ul-lug'otit turk. 3-tomlik. 3-tom. - T.: Fan, 1963.
3. Asotirlar va rivoyatlar. 1-kitob. To'plab, nashrga tayyorlovchilar:
4. Murodov M., Shayxova M. - Toshkent: “Yosh gvardiya”, 1990.
5. Xo'jamurodov O. O'zbeklarning boyo'g'li bilan bog'liq mifologik tasavvurlari. // Adabiyot gulshani. - T.: Mehnat, 1999.
6. Zayanchkovskiy I.F. Jivotnie, primeti i predrassudki. - M.: Znanie, 1991.
7. Amonova Z.K. THE IMAGE OF MANSOUR HALLAZH IN MASHRAB'S POETRY //Scientific reports of Bukhara State University. – 2020. – Т. 3. – №. 1. – P. 178-182.
8. Darmon U., Rano R., Dilshod R. The Stylization of Prose Tales in Uzbek Children's Literature //Religación. – Т. 4. – P. 170-174.
9. Zaripovich R.D., Sharipovna B.M. Landscape expression in the Lyrics of AS Pushkin and FI Tyutchev //Middle European Scientific Bulletin. – 2021. – Т. 10. – №. 1.
10. JURAEV M., RAJABOV D.Z., JURAEVA M.Y. “Avesto” Mythology And Its Interpretation Of Uzbek Folklore In The System Of Images //Solid State Technology. – 2020. – Т. 63. – №. 4. – P. 5221-5232.
11. Juraev M., Rajabov D., Imomnazarova S. WEDDING SONG GENRE IN THE CEREMONY LYRICS OF THE CENTRAL ASIAN TURKISH PEOPLES //Theoretical & Applied Science. – 2020. – №. 7. – P. 467-473.
12. Rajabov D.Z. Radif in uzbek folk songs //Theoretical & Applied Science. – 2018. – №. 10. – P. 316-318.
13. Rajabova R.Z. A LITERARY RIDDLE FROM A FOLK RIDDLE //European Scientific Conference. – 2020. – P. 139-141.
14. Rajabova R.Z. The Influence Of Folk Riddles On The Creation Of Literary Riddles //The American Journal of Social Science and Education Innovations. – 2020. – Т. 2. – №. 07. – P. 278-284.
15. Rajabov D. Z. Radif in uzbek folk songs //Theoretical & Applied Science. – 2018. – №. 10. – P. 316-318.
16. Qodirova N.S. Problems Of Style And Creative Individuality In Literature //International Journal of Progressive Sciences and Technologies. – 2021. – Т. 25. – №. 2. – P. 254-260.
17. Kakhkhorova Gulrukh (2021) "OBJECTIVES OF PARTICLES IN THE UZBEK AND ENGLISH LANGUAGES," Philology Matters: Vol. 2021: Iss. 3, Article 4.
18. Kakhkhorova Gulrukh Shavkatovna (2021) "THE SKILLS OF UZBEK WRITERS USING PARTICLES IN ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS," Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5: Iss. 4, Article 8. DOI: 10.52297/2181-1466/2021/5/4/8
19. Kakhkhorova Gulrukh Shavkatovna (2021) "THE ALLOCATION OF PARTICLES IN TRANSLATION DICTIONARIES AND WAYS TO EXPRESS THEM IN TRANSLATION," Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5: Iss. 2, Article 7.
20. Kakhkharova Gulrukh Shavkatovna (2020) "PROBLEMS OF TRANSLATION OF PARTICLES IN THE ENGLISH AND UZBEK LANGUAGES," Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 4: Iss. 4, Article 6. DOI: 10.52297/2181-1466/2020/4/4/6
21. Kaxxorova Gulrux Shavkatovna (2020) "SEMANTIC GROUPING OF PARTICLES IN ENGLISH AND UZBEK LANGUAGES," Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 4: Iss. 3, Article 10. DOI: 10.52297/2181-1466/2020/4/3/2
22. Khamidova M. PROBLEMS OF TRANSLATION OF NATURAL PHENOMENA IN UZBEK LANGUAGE //International Journal of World Languages. – 2021. – Т. 1. – №. 3.
23. Khamidova Muborak (2021) "PROBLEMS OF TRANSLATION OF FRENCH AND UZBEK DEOPOETONYMS," Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5: Iss. 4, Article 5. DOI: 10.52297/2181-1466/2021/5/4/5
24. Khamidova M., Usanova N. The ancient greek culture and uzbek folklore //ACADEMICIA: AN INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH JOURNAL. – 2020. – Т. 10. – №. 12. – P. 975-978.
25. Hamidova M.H. EXPRESSION OF DEOPOETONYMS IN TRADITIONAL FORMS AND STYLES //International journal of conference series on education and social sciences (Online). – 2021. – Т. 1. – №. 2.
26. Khamidova M.K. WIND-RELATED ANEMONYMS AND METEONYMS IN FRENCH AND UZBEK LANGUAGES //Scientific reports of Bukhara State University. – 2020. – Т. 4. – №. 4. – P. 144-149.
27. Sobirova Z., Mengliev B. SOME ISSUES RELATED TO THE TRANSFER OF ENGLISH TOURISM TERMS IN UZBEK LANGUAGE //Journal of Critical Reviews. – 2020. – Т. 7. – №. 15. – P. 2434-2440.
28. Rakhimovna Z.S. VOCABULARY STUDY OF THE TOURISM TERMS IN THE UZBEK LANGUAGE //International Engineering Journal For Research & Development. – 2021. – Т. 6. – №. TITFL. – P. 275-281.
29. Rakhimovna Z.S. STUDY OF THE TERMS OF TOURISM IN ENGLISH ON LEXICAL-SEMANTIC ASPECTS //International Engineering Journal For Research & Development. – 2021. – Т. 6. – №. TITFL. – P. 282-289.
Ruziyev, Nodir Kayumovich
"THEME TYPES OF UZBEK FOLK TALES AND THEIR
REFLECTIONS IN TRANSLATION,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 14.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss56/14