Introduction. In world literature, a number of scientific investigations are being conducted on the classification of irony, its artistic manifestations, parody, paradox, grotesque and image. The role of irony and image in the structure of the work of art in the world literary science, in which the coverage and identification of the individual skills of the writer remains one of the urgent tasks. In modern Uzbek literature, there is an approach based on various research methods of world literature in the analysis of works of art, the coverage of the poetic skills of the author. Research methods. At the same time, as poetry and prose of the 1970s and 1980s emerged from ideological stereotypes, literary criticism seemed to lag behind. That is why determining the place of irony in the system of aesthetic categories, to determine its status in the Uzbek prose, to determine its place in the structure of the creative and literary work, its influence on the transformation of the romantic worldview, the receptive features of the satirical work, identification of national-psychological factors of satirical attitude to reality is one of the urgent tasks of modern Uzbek literature. Results and discussions. This article identifies the methodological basis for the study of irony in modern national fiction for Uzbek literature; in the late 19th and early 20th centuries a holistic conceptual picture of the development of Uzbek prose was developed; the study of ghazals and poems by the great poet Muqimi and the Hero of Uzbekistan and the famous poet Erkin Vahidov has expanded the possibilities of analyzing modern Uzbek prose; the satires analyzed in the article have been found to serve as a valuable and rich source for future sociological, psychological, and philosophical research. Conclusion. The irony expresses the subject's point of view based on the acquisition of ignorance. Irony means in the narrow sense of the word antiphrasis, in the broadest sense, an ideological-emotional response to reality. Irony is a special type of comic in which a positive attitude is expressed on the surface and a negative attitude in essence, or vice versa. Irony varies with the leadership of a subjective beginning from humor and satire, and sarcasm is the highest stage of irony. The irony is not limited to capture the essence of reality as in satire and humor, but it also examines the principles of reality assessment itself.
1. Blok A.A. Ironiya // Rech, 1908. 7 dekabrya.
2. Sheraliyeva Mashhura Ikromjonovna. Hozirgi o’zbek nasrida kinoya (ijtimoiy-psixologik omillari, poetik tizimdagi o’rni). 10.00.02 – O’zbek adabiyoti, Filologiya fanlari bo’yicha falsafa doktori (PhD) dissertatsiyasi avtoreferati, Тoshkent – 2017.
3. Losev A.F. Ironiya antichnaya i romanticheskaya // V kn.: Estetika i iskusstvo. - M., 1966. - S. 63.
4. Shofiyev Obidjon Baxtiyorovich. Erkin A’zam nasri badiiyati (kinoya va obraz). 10.00.02 – O’zbek adabiyoti, Filologiya fanlari bo’yicha falsafa doktori (PhD) dissertatsiyasi avtoreferati, Samarqand – 2018.
5. Pivoev V.M. Ironiya kak esteticheskaya kategoriya // Filosofskie nauki. - 1982, № 4, s.59.
6. Kononenko Ye.I. Esteticheskiy diapazon ironii // Problemi esteticheskoy kulturi i iskusstva. - M., 1982. - s. 114.
9. http://www.urgi.info/urgiinfofiles/sites/pigulevsky-ironiya/01_glava_1.htm#1.1-Общий_ смысл_иронии
Mavlonova, Ugiloy Khamdamovna
"THE ROLE OF IRONY IN UZBEK LITERATURE,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 5.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss3/5