Introduction. The article is devoted to the issue of teaching the development of reading competence among students. The article substantiates the need for future specialists to master the skills of various types of reading, since in their work in their specialty they will inevitably have to face the need to use foreign literature. Methods. The authors consider three main types of reading, highlight the conditions that determine the success of teaching various types of reading, the basic skills that underlie them, and also provide a number of exercises aimed at their development. The article is also devoted to the problem of developing reading skills among students with insufficient language training, studying at universities. The types of reading and their functions are affected: viewing, introductory, studying, search. The text is considered as a unit of communication and one of the basic units of the organization of educational material. Results. The importance of teaching student’s various methods of working with text is noted. The need for independent work with the text is indicated. Examples of exercises for working with text are given. Reading and learning cannot be separated from each other, and the ability of a reader to receive information as quickly and better as possible at a modern level is synonymous with his ability to learn, his ability to improve. Discussions. Therefore, instilling reading comprehension skills is one of the goals of teaching foreign languages. In modern methods, reading is considered as a type of speech activity aimed at the perception and comprehension of written speech, and the extraction of information contained in the written text. The role of reading scientific texts in the process of teaching foreign languages as a means of increasing the level of language proficiency and as a source of information is dictated by the tasks of today, tasks that students will have to solve as future specialists in the context of rapid technological progress. Conclusion. The flow of foreign information is growing every day, and students will inevitably have to face the need to use foreign literature in their work in their specialty. When working with both domestic and foreign literature, a specialist most often requires the ability to fluently read the material for general acquaintance with the information contained in it. Taking into account the limited terms of teaching a foreign language in a non-linguistic specialty, it is advisable to set the task of developing a minimum but sufficient number of skills in students, complex application provides the possibility of practical use of introductory reading.
1. Klychnikova Z.I. Psychological peculiarities of learning reading in a foreign language: manual for teachers. - M.: Enlightenment, 1983. - 207 p.
2. Kozyrev V.A., Chernyak V.D. Circle of reading and language ability of a Russian student// Bulletin of Herzovo University. - 2007. - №10. - P. 47.
3. Lerner I.Ya. The ability to read creatively. The role of informative text of the textbook in student development / I.Ya. Lerner // Evening secondary school. - 1989. - №5. - P. 28-31.
4. Obino European Competences in foreign language: study, training, assessment.- Department of Language Policy, Strasbourg. - Moscow State Linguistic University (Russian version), 2003. - 256 p.
5. Orlova E.A. Recommendations to improve the level of reader competence within the framework of the National Program for Support and Development of Reading: Manual for Employees of Educational Institutions. - M.: MCBS, 2008. - 136 p.
6. Carpenters S.N. Reading Culture in Russia // Homo Legens: Memory S.N. Carpenter: Sat. sciential - M., 1999. - P. 46-58.
7. Roduvaeva T.A. Formation of reader competence of students of the Faculty of Foreign Languages: Dis. ... Cand.
8. Salikhova Z.A., Pedagogical skill of university teachers. International Scientific Periodic Journal of Scientific Labor 2020. Electronic Innovative Bulletin. № 5 pp 31-33 Russia. Bagulm.
Salikhova, Zamira Aminovna
"CURRENT DIRECTIONS OF WORK OF FUTURE TEACHERS ON THE FORMATION OF READING COMPETENCE,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 15.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss3/15