Introduction. Synonyms are formed from the combination of the Greek words syn "together" + onoma "name", which is an important means of increasing the effectiveness of speech, a clearer, more vivid, logical and diverse expression of thought. In the existing scientific literature, it is reflected that synonymous words in the working definition belong to the same category, are written, pronounced differently, but have the same or similar meanings. Synonymy is a very multifaceted phenomenon, and most of the definitions given do not fully cover the essence of synonymy. Therefore, from the earliest days of linguistics, there was a strong interest in discovering the essence of these means of artistic representation, recording their meaning, compiling lists. Research methods. Recent research in world linguistics, as well as in Uzbek linguistics, has shown that the first dictionaries in the history of linguistics were created for purely practical needs - for educational purposes. In particular, the creation of any dictionary on the topic of synonyms based on subtle differences in word meaning has an educational purpose - to teach oratory, to develop speech competence. The semantic possibility, place of use, boundary, own or assimilation, and other features of words with the same or similar meanings made it necessary to summarize and interpret them in special dictionaries. Results and discussions. It should be noted that while the first sources created in the history of linguistics were dictionaries, most of the oldest dictionaries available in the history of lexicography were glossaries devoted to the interpretation of synonyms. In general, the study of synonyms and the compilation of related dictionaries has a long history. For example, at the beginning of the twentieth century, the Chinese created the world's first dictionary of synonyms for use by poets. Conclusion. It can be said that the study of synonyms and their lexicography in world lexicography, especially in Russian lexicography, began many years ago, but it can be seen that the lexicography of the Uzbek language is lagging behind. Given the fact that Russian lexicography has created separate synonymous dictionaries for preschool children, for primary school students and for high school students, it is necessary to strengthen research in this area. Although much research has been done in Uzbek linguistics on the study of synonyms, it is necessary to increase the possibilities of the gradual development of synonymous dictionaries, along with other textbooks.
1. Rasulov R. Umumiy tilshunoslik. - Tashkent: Science and Technology, 2007.
2. Denisov P.N. Osnovnie problemi teorii leksikografii: Author's abstract. dis. ... doct. philol. sciences. - Moscow: USSR Academy of Sciences, Institute of Rus. yaz., 1976. - 43 p.; Morkovkin V.V. Fundamentals of the theory of educational lexicography: Diss ... doct. philol. sciences. (in the form of a scientific report): - Moscow: Institute of the Russian Language. A.S. Pushkin, 1990. -72 p.
3. Grintser N. Platonovskaya etimologiya i sofisticheskaya teoriya yazika. https://pps.ranepa.ru/Publication
5. http: //rushist.com/index.php/philosophical-articles/-dialogi-platona
6. Grinzer N.P. On the etymology of θεός in the literary and intellectual tradition of the 5th century BC. // Bulletin of the Russian State University for the Humanities. Series "Historical Sciences". Centaur / Studia classica et mediaevalia. -T. 16. M., 2013.
7. Bahriddinova B.M. O'zbekistondagi o'quv lug'atchiligi: lingvistik asoslari, tarixi va istiqbollari: Doctor of Philology (DSc) diss. - Samarkand. 2020., −252 p.
8. Voloshin O.A. Divine and Human Speech in the Amarakosh Dictionary-Thesaurus // Indo-European Linguistics and Classical Philology. 2016. No. 1. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/ rech-bozhestvennaya-i-chelovecheskaya-v-slovare-tezauruse-amarakosha
9. Qodirov T. Sh., Aliev D. I. Arabic lexicology. علم اللغة العربية - Tashkent, 2010. 106 p.
10. Zakirov R.R., Mingazova N.G. Practicum on lexicology of the Arabic language / Zakirov R.R., Mingazova N.G. - Kazan: TGGPU, 2009. - 138 p.
11. Magomedova P.M. Praktikum po leksikologii arabskogo yazika // https://pgu.ru/upload/iblock/3bd/uch2010;
12. Carl Darling Buck, A Dictionary of selected synonyms in the principal Indo-European languages. A contribution to the history of ideas, with the cooperation of colleagues and assistants. University Press, Chicago, 1949. XIX-f, −1515 p. https://www.amazon.com/
13. Synonymic dictionaries / http://gramota.ru/slovari/types/17_
Mirxanova, Gulandom Rustamovna
"EMERGENCE AND STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT OF FIRST
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 8.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss2/8