Introduction. The issue of gradual relations in differentiation of the meanings of substance and attributiveness in the English and Uzbek languages in a gradual way is studied in the article. Graduonymy, as a type of linguistic phenomenon, serves as the main demarcation method for the manifestation of substantive and attributive meanings in different aspects of the systems of English and Uzbek languages. Research methods. Logical analizing and synthesizing, linguistic analyzing, graduonymy, comparative method, constructive method, synchronic classification method and others are used to make a linguistic research on the given issue. Graduonymic approach is chosen as the main way of the linguistic analysis of the substance and attributive meanings in the lexical and grammatical aspects of the language system in general. Results and discussion. Demarcation of substance and attributive meanings in the English and Uzbek languages occurs in a gradual way as a form of language consciousness. However, substance and attributiveness, being sincrete (diffuisive) in reality, semi-discrete (as concepts of substance and attributiveness) in human consciousness, and discrete (analytical) in language system, are realised in both English and Uzbek languages in the forms of gradual lines (rows). There are lexical, morphological and syntactical ways of the discrimination between substantive and attributive meanings in the languages. Obviously, there are some similarities and differences between the types of manifestation of these language meanings in English and Uzbek. It deals with the linguistic nature (vocabulary range, lexical features of semantics and derivation, morphological structure and syntactic construction) of these languages. The attempt to discuss these matters by the method of graduonymy in the examples of language materials of the English and Uzbek languages is made in the work. Conclusion. The study of the demarcation of substance and attributive meanings in the systems of the English and Uzbek languages gives possibilities to prove the statement about the existence of gradual relations in the level of language consciousness. A clear understanding of such principles can solve many controversial situations that arise not only in national, but also in general linguistics due to the fact that the difference in subject and attributive meanings in language units is in graded relations.
1. Abdullaeva N. Ingliz va o`zbek xalq maqollaridagi graduonimik munosabatlarning lingvopragmatik xususiyatlari. Dissertation for the degree of candidate of philological sciences (PhD). – Tashkent, 2019.
2. Aripdjanova S. O`zbek tilida lug`aviy graduonimiya. Dissertation for the degree of candidate of philological sciences (PhD). – Tashkent, 1996.
3. Bozorov O. O`zbek tilida darajalanish. – Tashkent, 1995.
4. Djumabaeva J. O`zbek va ingliz tillarida leksik hamda stilistik graduonimiya. Dissertation for the degree of doctor of philological sciences. – Tashkent, 2016.
5. Nematov H., Rasulov R. O`zbek tili system leksikologiyasi asoslari. – Tashkent, 1995.
6. Shirinova N. Lisoniy sathlarda graduonimik munosabatlar. – Tashkent, 2016.
7. Shirinova N. Predmetnost i kachestvo: ot sinketnosti k diskretnosti. – Saarbrücken, 2013.
8. Jachnov H. Kognition, Sprache und phraseologische/parmiologische Graduierung Harrossowitz Verlag. – Wiesbaden, 2005.
9. Compact Oxford Dictionary & Thesaurus. – Oxford, 2006.
10. Сruse D. Lexical Semantics. – Cambridge, 1986.
11. Murphy M. Semantic relations and lexicon. //CUP. Synonymy. ELL. – Cambridge, 2003.
Shirinova, Nilufar and Shirinova, Nargiza
"GRADUAL RELATIONS IN DEMARCATION OF SUBSTANCE AND ATTRIBUTIVE MEANINGS IN THE ENGLISH AND UZBEK LANGUAGES,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 5.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss1/5