Abstract. The given article aims to determine and systemize the semantic and phonological transition of English idioms into Uzbek language by means of translation, taking into account the lingua-cultural peculiarities of these two languages, that are represented here as main objects of my research. Methods. This research comprises two key methods of translation, that are called literary translation and consecutive translation. The specificity of literary translation of English idiom expressions into Uzbek and Russian from the point of view of the maximum possible preservation of their, first of all, semantic, and then lexical, and linguistic content is revealed. The possibilities of adequate transmission of meanings and images, mechanisms and principles of literary translation of idioms, as well as the use of a comparative method to achieve the assigned tasks are considered. The main task of the comparative method is to compare the system and structure of languages for various linguistic characteristics. In essence, the comparative method is equivalent to typological study of languages. Consequently, the study of methods for translating English idioms into the Uzbek language is a special direction of comparative linguistics, in which the lexical layer and its features are investigated on the basis of phraseological units. In addition, the work contains recommendations for the translator on working with idioms. Results and discussion. Speaking of the expectable results and most considerable points of discussion the research, the terms isomorphism and allomorphism and their significance in the linguistic environment are discussed here; the linguistic essence and the types of collocations are also investigated by analyzing their use in multi-system languages and the ways of their translation into English and Uzbek are examined. Research is carried out on the types of phrasemes in languages and equivalents are presented, as well as analogs when translated and used in contexts. As a result, certain formulas for the formation of equivalent collocations in the above-mentioned languages are revealed. Conclusion. After having a thorough investigation on the discussed problem, I have come to a final conclusion of my comparatively brief research work. The conclusion consists of several logic outcomes: I. Exacting interpretation of English idioms into Uzbek is outlandish, as it were interpretation is conceivable that passes on the substance of the figure of speech by implies of another language; II. It's essential to undertake to discover an satisfactory or proportionate steady express (adages, phraseological units, winged words, etc.) within the target dialect, which conveys the substance of the original; III. It isn't conceivable to completely pass on the substance of the first expression when deciphered into Uzbek, therefore, a important point of view is utilized, which can convey one semantic heading, to the burden of the complete common semantics of the idiom; IV. Within the nonappearance of a steady word combination, Uzbek interpreters utilize the abundance of the Uzbek dialect itself in agreement with the social corona of the first dialect in arrange to protect the national flavor of the interpreted literature.
1. Interview with the poet and translator Fakhriyar / Erinishni ortga surib yashash mashagatlari (shoir va tarjimon Fakhriyor bilan suҳbat) // Zhannatmakon. 2007. No.
2 Amosova N.N. 1) Fundamentals of English phraseology. M.: Librokom, 2010.216 p.; 2) Etymological foundations of the vocabulary of modern English. M.: Librokom, 2010.224 p.; Kunin A.V. A course of phraseology of modern English. 2nd ed., Rev. M., 1996.
3. Lomonosov M.V. Russian grammar. Preface [Electronic resource]. URL: http: // www.ruthenia.ru/apr/textes/lomonos/lomon01/ preface.htm.
4. Madrakhimov I. O’zbek tilida so’zning serqirraligi va uning tasniflash asoslari (= Polysemy of words in the Uzbek language and basics of their description): author. dis. ... Cand. philol. sciences. Tashkent, 1994. 25 p.
5. Collins, Forks. Oq kiyingan ayol (= Woman in white) / ingliz tilidan A. Iminov tarzhimasi (= translated from English by A. Iminov). Toshkent: Alisher Navoiy nomidagi Uzbekiston Milliy kutubhonasi nashriyoti, 2010. P. 39.
6. Sadullaev D.B. Philosophical understanding of terms and concepts by an author as an object of linguistic investigations // Molodoy ucheniy. – 2020. – №. 22. – Р. 627-631.
7. Sadullaev D.B. (2020). Historical reality concepts. ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science, 04 (84), pp. 414- 419.
8. Ostonova S.N. Spirituality and humanism of humanity in the era of Revival Vestnik Nauki I Obrazovaniya 2020. № 8 (86). Chast’ 1 (Science and Education Gazette 2020. № 8 (86). Part 1).
9. Sadullaev Denis Bakhtiyorovich 2020. Concerning the history, formulation and interpretation of the conversion’s issue in english language. International Journal on Integrated Education. 3, 3 (Mar. 2020), 95-97. DOI:https://doi.org/10.31149/ijie.v3i3.96.
10. Sadullaev D.B., Ostonova S.N., Shodiev S.S. Interpretation of philosophical terms and concepts as an essential subject for linguistic researches of xix-xx centuries, held in Russia and Europe //ACADEMICIA: An International Multidisciplinary Research Journal. – 2020. – Т. 10. – №. 10. – Р. 590-598.
11. Ostonova S.N. National traditions and rituals in modern Uzbekistan (basing on the analysis of Uzbek traditional meal «Palov») / Ostonova S.N. — Tekst: neposredstvenniy // Molodoy ucheniy. - 2020. - № 47 (337). - S. 199-203. - URL: https://moluch.ru/archive/337/75335/.
12. Sadullaeva M.A. SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE OF NUMBERS IN MUSLIM ARCHITECTURE. ACADEMICIA. An international multidisciplinary research journal, may 2020 ISSN: 2249-7137 Vol. 10 Issue 5, May 2020 Impact Factor: SJIF 2020 = 7.13.
13. Sadullaeva M.A. Philosophy of Numerical Symbolism in World’s Culture. Published in International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development (ijtsrd), ISSN: 2456-6470, Volume-4 | Issue-5, August 2020, pp.1545-1548, URL: https://www.ijtsrd.com/papers/ijtsrd 33219.pdf
Ostonova, Sanam Nematovna
"ENGLISH IDIOMS TRANSLATION’S SPECIFICATIONS IN UZBEK LANGUAGE,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 12.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss1/12