Background. The introductory part of the article provides an overview of what metonymy is detailed information about metonymy, and its use in texts and poetry. This section also provides information on the authors' views on metonymy. Methods. The methods section provides information on the types of metonymy and where it can be used. In addition, metonymy is described in detail, with excerpts from works in which metonymy is used. These passages also provide insights into the place of metonymy in fiction. There is information about certain things in an objective being - objects, signs, as well as a certain commonality, connection between actions. Results. The results section of the article provides more detailed information on metonymy. The passages from the works make it easier to understand metonymy. The features of metonymy related to naming are explained in detail. Not only that, but metonymy is associated with signs and actions. That is, the expression of something, a sign, or another thing, a sign, an action, to which the name of the action is related (common). It is also used to refer to it as a name. Discussion. The discussion section of the article discusses how new meanings can be created through metonymy. The fact that these meanings are formed only if there is some resemblance to the object is explained in more detail by examples. Although metonymy has a wide range of possibilities in prose, in poetry it is mainly in epic works, especially in the epics of the independence period animation, adjective, analogy, more like a metaphor than an exaggeration it is argued that metonymic expressions have a specific character in the transfer of meaning. Conclusion. The summary section provides general conclusions about metonymy and research findings. At the same time, opinions were expressed about the new concepts gained during the analysis. However, we can see that the traditional form of metonymy is used.
1. Suvonova R. Metonyms related to place names. Ayyub Gulyamov and issues of Uzbek linguistics (Collection of scientific articles). –T., 2012, pp. 81-82.
2. Lexicology of the Uzbek language. –T., 1981, p.223.
3. Qurbonova M. Mastery of metonymy and synecdoche in the epics of the independence period. Ayyub Gulyamov and issues of Uzbek linguistics (Collection of scientific articles). –T., 2012, pp. 156-157.
4. Sharipova D. et al. Bilingualism As A Main Communication Factor For Integration Among Nations In Transoxiana. Modern Uzbekistan //International Journal on Integrated Education. – 2019. – Т. 2. – №. 2. – pp. 15-23.
5. Sharipova D., Ibatova N. THE TRANSLATION OF PHRASEOLOGICAL UNITS INTO UZBEK //Theoretical & Applied Science. – 2019. – №. 10. – pp. 649-651.
6. Shavkatovna S.D., Istamovna I.N., Komiljonovna X.M. Symbols and Images in Uzbek stories //Proceeding of The ICECRS. – 2020. – Т. 5.
7. Sharipova D., Muhammadiyeva N., Mohigul Q. The Translation of Grammatical Discrepancies //International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation. – 2020. – Т. 24. – №. 1.
8. Sharipova D.Sh., Mavlonova U.K., Ibatova N.I. BEHAVIORAL LANGUAGE ETIQUETTE IN UZBEK PROVERBS AND SAYINGS// Vestnik nauki i obrazovaniya 11-3 (89), 2020.
9. Sharipova D.Sh. THE LEXICAL-SEMANTIC PROPERTIES OF THE SYMBOL. //International Journal on Integrated Education. – 2020. – Т. 3. – №. 9. – pp. 177-180.
10. Shavkatovna S.D., Istamovna I.N. LINGUACULTURAL ASPECTS OF SYMBOLS AND CHARACTERS //Academy– 2020. – № 9. – (60). – pp. 18-19.
11. Kuvvatova D. Classification of uzbek modern poems // Iranian Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research. UCT. J. Soc. Scien. Human. Resear. (UJSSHR). – Takestan, Iran, 2016, Volume 4, Issue 1. – P.81-84. (№5 Global Impact Factor, Impact Factor – 0,765).
12. Internal types of Uzbek poems. Sotsiosfera. Nauchno-metodicheskiy i teoreticheskiy jurnal. Penza (Rossiya) 2016. № 2. -S. 46-50. Global Impact Factor (Avstraliya) - 1,041. Scientific Indexin Services (USA) - 1,09.
13. Transference of National Peculiarities in the Novel “The Din” by E.A’zam. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). ISSN: 2249 – 8958, Volume-8, Issue-5S3 July 2019. (Barotova M.)
14. Fayzulloyev, O. M. (2018). The peculiarities of the interpretation of the Uzbek fairy tales. ISJ Theoretical & Applied Science, 12 (68), 212-215.
15. Fayzulloyev, Otabek Mukhammedovich and Durdiyeva, Dilnoza Durdimurodovna (2021) "TECHNOLOGY FOR THE SELECTION OF ADEQUATE OPTIONS IN THE TRANSLATION OF CHILDREN'S GAMES," Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 4: Iss. 6, Article 9. https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol4/iss6/9
16. Sobirova, Zarnigor Intern-researcher (2020) "LEXICOGRAPHIC INTERPRETATION OF THE TOURISM TERMS IN THE ENGLISH AND UZBEK LANGUAGES," Philology Matters: Vol. 2020: Iss. 4, Article 6. DOI: 10.36078/987654466 https://uzjournals.edu.uz/philolm/vol2020/iss4/6
17. Sobirova, Zarnigor (2020) "ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF TOURISM LEXEMES INTO UZBEK," Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 4: Iss. 5. https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol4/iss5/7
18. Symbolic Description of the Year Seasons in Uzbek Poetry. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). ISSN: 2249 – 8958, Volume-8, Issue-5S3 July 2019. (Sohibova Z.)
19. An Untraditional Description Style in the Epos. of Ikrom Otamurod International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) ISSN: 2249 – 8958, Volume-8, Issue-5S3 July 2019. (N. Urakova).
20. World and Uzbek poems: comparison and analysis International Scientific Journal Theoretical & Applied Science. p-ISSN: 2308-4944 (print) e-ISSN: 2409-0085 (online). Year: 2020 Issue: 04 Volume: 84. Published: 30.04.2020 http: //T-Science.org.
Shodikulova, Aziza Zikiryaevna
"COGNITIVE INTERPRETATION OF THE PHENOMENON OF METONYMY,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 5
, Article 11.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol5/iss1/11