Background. The inverse problem of finding a multidimensional memory kernel of a time convolution integral depending on a time variable t and (n-1)-dimensional spatial variable. 2-dimensional heat equation with a time-dependent coefficient of thermal conductivity is studied.
Methods. The article is used Cauchy problems for the heat equation, resolvent methods for Volterra type integral equation and contraction mapping prinsiple.
Results. 1) The direct problem is the Cauchy problem for heat equation. The integral term has the time convolution form of kernel and an elliptic operator of direct problem solution. 2) As additional infor-mation, the solution of the direct problem on the hyperplane y=0 is given. The problem reduces to an auxiliary problem which is more convenient for further consideration. Then the auxiliary problem is replaced by an equivalent system of Volterra-type integral equations with respect to unknown functions.
Conclusion. Applying the method of contraction mappings to this system in the Hölder class of functions, it is proved the main result of the paper representing a local existence and uniqueness theorem. The article is organized as follows. In Section 2, we reduce the problem (1)-(3) into an auxiliary problem where the additional condition contains the unknown k outside integral. In Section 3, we replace auxiliary problem by an equivalent system of integral equations with respect to unknown functions. In Section 4, we prove the main result which states the existence and uniqueness of solution of problem by a fixed point argument.
1. Colombo F. A inverse problem for a parabolic integro-differential model in the theory of combustion// Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 2007.-236:2. pp. 81–89. https://DOI: 10.1016/j.physd.2007.07.012.
2. Grasselli M. An identification problem for a linear integro-differential equation occurring in heat flow. Math. Meth. Appl. Sci., 15, 1992, pp. 167-186, https://doi.org/10.1002/mma. 1670150304.
3. Podio-Guidugli P. A virtual power format for thermomechanics, Continuum Mech. Thermodyn., 20: 8, 2009, pp. 479–487. https://DOI: 10.1007/s00161-009-0093-5.
4. Favaron A. Identification of Memory Kernels Depending on Time and on an Angular Variable Journal of analysis and its applications, 24(4), 2005, pp. 735-762. https://DOI:10.4171/ZAA/1266.
5. Avdonin S., Ivanov S., Wang J. Inverse problems for the heat equation with memory. Inverse Problems and Imaging, 13(1), 2019, pp. 31-38. https://DOI:10.3934/ipi.2019002.
6. Karuppiah K., Kim J.K., Balachandran K. Parameter identification of an integro-differential equation. // Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Applications, 20(2), 2015, 169-185.
7. Durdiev D.K., Nuriddinov Zh.Z. Kernel determining problem in the integro–differential heat equation with a variable thermal conductivity, Bulletin of the Institute of Mathematics, 2020,№3, pp.15-26
8. Nuriddinov J.Z. The problem of determining the kernel of the integro-di_erential heat equation with a variable coe_cient. Uzbek Mathematical Journal, 2020, №1, pp.89-96 DOI: 10.29229/uzmj.2020-1-8
9. Nuriddinov J.Z.. Equivalent system of integral equations for one inverse problem for the integro-differential heat equation. BuxDu ilmiy axboroti, 2019, №4, pp.64-68 .(In Russian)
10. Huntul M.J., Lesnic D. Simultaneous determination of time and space dependent coefficients in a parabolic equation. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 33, 2016, 194--217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2015.09.008.\\
11. Ivanchov M.I., Saldina N.V. Inverse problem for a parabolic equation with strong power degeneration. Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, 58(11), 2006, 1685--1703. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11253-006-0162-x.\\
12. Hazanee A., Lesnic D., Ismailov M.I.,Kerimov N.B Inverse time-dependent source problems for the heat equation with nonlocal boundary conditions Applied Mathematics and Computation, 346,2019, 800--815. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2018.10.059.
13. Hazanee A., Lesnic D., Ismailov M.I., Kerimov N.B. An inverse time-dependent source problems for the heat equation. Applied Numerical Mathematics, 69, 2013, pp. 13-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnum.2013.02.004.
14. Hazanee A., Lesnic D., Ismailov M.I., Kerimov N.B. An inverse time-dependent source problems for the heat equation with a non-classical boundary condition. Applied Mathematics Modelling, 39(20), 2015, 6258-6272. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2015.01.058.
15. Tanana V.P., Ershova A.A., On the solution of an inverse boundary value problem for composite materials, Vestnik Udmurtskogo Universiteta. Matematika. Mekhanika. Komp‘yuternye Nauki, 28:4 2018 , 474-488. (in Russian) https://DOI:10.20537/vm180404.
16. Wu B., Gao Y., Yan L., et al. Existence and Uniqueness of an Inverse Memory Kernel for an Integro-Differential Parabolic Equation with Free Boundary J. Dyn. Control Syst., 24, 2018, pp. 237-252. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10883-017-9372-9.
17. Durdiev D.K., Rashidov A.Sh. Inverse problem of determining the kernel in an integro-differential equation of parabolic type. Differential Equations, 50(1), 2014, pp. 110-116. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.1134/S0012266114010145.
18. Durdiev D.K., Zhumaev Zh.Zh. Problem of determining a multidimensional thermal memory in a heat conductivity equation. Methods of Functional Analysis and Topology, 25(3), 2019, pp.219-226.
19. Durdiev D.K. On the uniqueness of kernel determination in the integro-differential equation of parabolic type J. Samara State Tech. Univ., Ser. Phys. Math. Sci.,19(4), 2015, pp. 658-666. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.14498/vsgtu1444.
20. Ladyzhenskaya A., Solonnikov V. A, Ural'tseva N.N. Linear and quasilinear equations of parabolic type. Moscow: Nauka, 1967; English translation: American Mathematical Society, Providence, Rhode Island, 1968, 631 p.
21. Kilbas A.A. Integral equations: course of lectures. Мinsk: BSU, 2005(In Russian).
22. Kolmogorov A.N., Fomin S.V. Elements of function theory and functional analysis. Moscow: Nauka, 1972, 280.(In Russian)
Durdiev, Durdimurod Kalandarovich and Nuriddinov, Zhavlon Zafarovich
"INVERSE PROBLEM FOR INTEGRO-DIFFERENTIAL HEAT EQUATION WITH A VARIABLE COEFFICIENT OF THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 4
, Article 1.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol4/iss5/1