Introduction. This article deals with the history of English children’s literature and its development and gives information about its representatives such as Daniel Defoe, Jonathan Swift, Walter Scott, Arthur Conan Doyle . English children’s literature is closely connected with the folklore, the oldest literary monuments, myths and legends, songs, the moral and educational essence of such works, didactic principles and works dedicated to the children. Main examples of these include the old English poem “Beowulf”, Daniel Defoe's "The Adventures of Robinson", Conan Doyle’s “Sherlock Holmes”, "Stone's relatives", "Death of Arthur", "The White Squad", Jonathan Swift’s “Gulliver’s travels”. Research methods. English children's literature can be traced to traditional stories such as fairy tales which have only been identified as children’s literature in the eighteenth century, and songs, part of a wider oral tradition, that adults shared with children before publishing existed. The development of early children's literature, before printing was invented, is difficult to trace. Even after printing became widespread, many classic "children's" tales were originally created for adults and later adapted for a younger audience. Romanticism also revealed the discovery of childhood as a period of self-awareness in spiritual development. Results. In the works of the Romantics, childhood is interpreted as a priceless inner world of man, as well as a period that captivates adults with its deep essence and wonders. And greatness is described as a time when the most sincere and childlike innocence is abandoned. Admittedly, Romanticism not only discovered childhood, but also bequeathed it to man as the purest example of perfection and a symbol of compassion. Discussions. With the development of realistic principles and the deepening of psychology, the image of a comprehensive, multifaceted childhood in children's literature was strengthened. In it, the writers reveal the beginning of human development, reaching the depths of the young man's character, gradually penetrating the complexities of the child's inner world, his formation as a person in balance and conflict, in the struggle of bright and dark moments of life. Conclusion. As a result, younger readers are now able to capture both the book and the artwork depicting the lives of their peers. Therefore, this process is an important factor in the transformation of children's literature into an independent network of "big" literature. The main tool for determining the creativity of the best writers is confidence in childhood, respect for the growing person, the ability to see all the opportunities, sources and key factors of development.
1. Safarov O., Barakayev R., Jamilova B., “Bolalar adabiyoti”, Buxoro, 2018
2. Sharipova L.F., Ro’ziyeva M.Y.,“Ona tili va adabiyot fanidan O’quv uslubiy qo’llanma”, Buxoro, 2019
3. Jumaboyev M., “Bolalar adabiyoti”, Toshkent, 2004
4. Svift J., “ Gulliverning sayohatlari”, T., Sharq, 2006
5. Lerer , Seth,‘Children's literature : a reader's history , from Aesop to Harry Potter’, Chicago, 2008
6. Rakhimovna, Z. S. (2021). VOCABULARY STUDY OF THE TOURISM TERMS IN THE UZBEK LANGUAGE‖, IEJRD-International Multidisciplinary Journal, vol. 6, №.
7. Rakhimovna, Z. S. (2021). STUDY OF THE TERMS OF TOURISM IN ENGLISH ON LEXICAL-SEMANTIC ASPECTS‖, IEJRD-International Multidisciplinary Journal, vol. 6, №.
8. Sobirova, Z. (2019). The Realistic Genre and its Development in World Literature-International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE). 2019.
9. Sobirova Z. R. O‘ZBEK SAYYOHLIK TERMINLARINING INGLIZ TILIGA TARJIMASIDA UCHRAYDIGAN AYRIM MUAMMOLAR //So‘zsan’atixalqarojurnali. – 2020. – T. 5. – №. 3.
10. Sobirova Z. TURIZM ATAMALARINING LEKSIK-MORFOLOGIK TARKIBI VA MAVZUIY TASNIFI TO‘G‘RISIDAGI AYRIM MUAMMOLAR //MOLODOY ISSLEDOVATEL: VIZOVI I PERSPEKTIVI. – 2020. – S. 456-458.
11. Sobirova Z. LEKSIK-SEMANTIK TERMINOLOGIK TARJIMANING BA’ZIDA UChRAYDIGAN MUAMMOLARI (SPORT TURIZMI TERMINLARI MISOLIDA) //MOLODOY ISSLEDOVATEL: VIZOVI I PERSPEKTIVI. – 2020. – S. 459-461.
12. Sobirova Z. TURIZM ATAMALARINING O‘ZBEK TILIDAGI LEKSIK-SEMANTIK TADQIQI BORASIDAGI QARAShLAR //MOLODOY ISSLEDOVATEL: VIZOVI I PERSPEKTIVI. – 2020. – S. 462-464.
13. Radjabova M. A. The classification of phraseological units with onomastic components //Scientific reports of Bukhara State University. – 2021. – T. 4. – №. 6. – S. 139-147.
14. Radjabova M. A. Klassifikatsiya onomasticheskix yedinis vo frazeologicheskom plaste uzbekskogo yazыka //International scientific review. – 2019. – №. 1 (41). – S. 22-25.
15. Radjabova M. A. Semantic analysis of phraseological units with onomastic components //Scientific reports of Bukhara State University. – 2021. – T. 5. – №. 2. – S. 106-115.
Sobirova, Zarnigor Rakhimovna and Umarov, Umidjon Akram o’g’li
"THE DEVELOPMENT OF ENGLISH CHILDREN’S LITERATURE AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES,"
Scientific reports of Bukhara State University: Vol. 2022:
1, Article 3.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/buxdu/vol2022/iss1/3