Waste water sediment (WWS) is an ecological hazard to the environment and the search for its effective disposal is an urgent task. The main limitation of the WWS use is associated with the presence of the different ingredients - heavy metals, which can have a negative impact on the environment. There is asphalt production technolologies using WWS. This work considers the possibility of using asphalts with the WWS additives from car washes. This technology will reduce the negative influence on the environment due to the WWS recycling, as well as due to the possibility of using WWS instead of pure sand by replacing it in the standard asphalt production technology. In this work, a heavy metal content was determined by the ICP-OES method using an Agilent 5110 spectrometer; in the course of a model experiment, the effect on the soil of three model objects was studied: WWS from car washes in Moscow; the standard technology for asphalt production; asphalt fused with car wash WWS. We studied the change in the content of various forms of heavy metals penetrating the soil from wash-offs of these objects, and by comparing the results and assessing their absolute content, we assessed the possibility of using fused asphalt. The studies have shown that during the model experiment, the total content of heavy metals increased up to 7-10 times for Zn, Ni and Cr. In all variants of the experiment, the content of mobile forms of all Cr, Cu, Mn, Ni, Pb, V and Zn significantly decreased by the third stage of the experiment to 50--95%, which indicates the transition of mobile forms of heavy metals to the total content due to the processes of sorption and precipitation.
- Minigazimov NS et al. Detoxification of industrial waste containing heavy metals // Bashkir ecological bulletin. - 2013. - No. 1. - P. 47-51.
- Wang F., Gao J., Zha Y. Hyperspectral sensing of heavy metals in soil and vegetation: Feasibility and challenges //ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing. – 2018. – Т. 136. – P. 73-84.
- Doskina E. et al. Treatment and utilization of urban waste water sediment. - Litres, 2019, 221 р.
- Yudina N.V., Kravchuk E.A. Car washing as a source of pollution of the urban environment // Research and development in the era of globalization. - 2017- P. 105-106.
- DURNA E. et al. Application of a multiple criteria analysis for the selection of appropriate radical based processes in treatment of car wash wastewater //Environmental Engineering Research. – 2020. – Т. 26. – №. 2.
- Rodríguez-Fernández M. C. et al. Study of the Effects of the Addition of Fly Ash from Carwash Sludge in Lime and Cement Pastes //Sustainability. – 2020. – Т. 12. – №. 16. – С. 6451.
- Eid E. M. et al. Regression models for monitoring trace metal accumulations by Faba sativa Bernh. plants grown in soils amended with different rates of sewage sludge //Scientific reports. – 2019. – Т. 9. – №. 1. – С. 1-11.
- Janowska B. et al. Assessment of mobility and bioavailability of mercury compounds in sewage sludge and composts //Environmental research. – 2017. – Т. 156. – С. 394-403.
- Geng H. et al. An overview of removing heavy metals from sewage sludge: Achievements and perspectives //Environmental Pollution. – 2020. – С. 115-375.
- Sokolov L.I. The use of waste water sediment in the production of building materials // Ecology and industry of Russia. - 2006. - No. 4. - P. 18-23.
- Svatovskaya L.B., Titova T.S., Rusanova E.V. New building material from WWS // Ecology and Industry of Russia. - 2005. - No. 10. - P. 20-21.
- Chang Z. et al. Valorization of sewage sludge in the fabrication of construction and building materials: A review //Resources, Conservation and Recycling. – 2020. – Т. 154. – С. 104606.
- Mironenko O.V. et al. Hygienic assessment of the impact of methane coming from the body of the landfill for storing WWS on the state of the air basin // Bulletin of St. Petersburg University. Series 11. Medicine. - 2018. - T. 13. - No. 3.
- de Souza Campelo N., Aleixo da Silva J. F., de Andade J. B. L. Use of Wastewater Treatment Sludge (WTS) as Filler in Hot-Mixed Asphalt Concrete //Int J Waste Resour. – 2020. – Т. 10. – С. 379.
- Bastidas-Martínez J. G. et al. Preliminary study of hot mix asphalt containing water treatment and sewage sludge //Archives of Civil Engineering. – 2020. – Т. 66. – №. 1.
- Melaku R. S., Gedafa D. S. Impact of Wastewater Treatment Sludge on Cracking Resistance of Hot Mix Asphalt Mixes at Lower Mixing Temperature //Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. – 2020. – Т. 32. – №. 12. – С. 05020009.
- Lu C., Kotze D. J., Setälä H. M. Soil sealing causes substantial losses in C and N storage in urban soils under cool climate //Science of The Total Environment. – 2020. – С. 138- 369.
- Kostecki J. et al. Soil sealing on example of the Jedrzychow residential area in Zielona Gora, Poland //Civil and Environmental Engineering Reports. – 2020. – Т. 30. – №. 1. – С. 53-63.
- Kida K. Soils Sealed by Technic Hard Materials in Urban and Traffic Areas //Anthropogenic Soils in Japan. – Springer, Singapore, 2019. – С. 1-23.
- Feoktistova I.D., Sakhno O.N. Research of the processes of nitrification and denitrification in sealed soils of vladimir // Collection of selected articles based on the materials of scientific conferences of the State Research Institute "National Development". - 2019.- P. 90-94.
- Ushakova O.V., Vodianova M.A. Modern methods and approaches to studying soils and soil cover of megapolis // Soils in the biosphere. - 2018.-- P. 449-451.
- Jia J. et al. Characteristics, identification, and potential risk of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in road dusts and agricultural soils from industrial sites in Shanghai, China //Environmental Science and Pollution Research. – 2017. – Т. 24. – №. 1. – С. 605-615.
- Ćwiąkała M. et al. Testing the concentration of trace metals in soils near roads with varied traffic intensity //Roads and Bridges-Drogi i Mosty. – 2019. – Т. 18. – №. 2. – С. 127-134.
- Pan H., Lu X., Lei K. A comprehensive analysis of heavy metals in urban road dust of Xi'an, China: contamination, source apportionment and spatial distribution //Science of the Total Environment. – 2017. – Т. 609. – С. 1361-1369.
Timofeeva, Elena PhD., Associate Professor; Kochetkova, Vasilisa Master; Klimanov, Anatoly PhD., Senior Lecturer; and Turabdzhanov, Sadritdin Dr. Professor
"THE INFLUENCE OF WASTE WATER SEDIMENT AS A COMPONENT OF ASPHALT CONTAINING HEAVY METALS ON SOILS UNDER MODEL EXPERIMENTAL CONDITIONS,"
Technical science and innovation: Vol. 2021
, Article 3.
Available at: https://uzjournals.edu.uz/btstu/vol2021/iss1/3